1997 GMC Sierra

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Question, not a kill (yet);
My friend has a 1997 GMC Sierra Regular cab shortbox truck with the 305. He thinks he can take my V6 stang and run my Lightning.

I just want to know what the specs are on these trucks? I'll agree his truck is lighter for a pickup, but he won't stand a chance with the Lightning and the v6 runs on avg. 14.5 with the mods I have... But he thinks his truck is king of the road and thinks he is the allmighty.

Thanks in advance for the input.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
305? They didn't come with those. If it's a 305 straight out of a Camaro, your L will take it easily. Dunno about the V6 Stang. If he had a 350 in it however, I'd be a little worried, but you still need to be a good driver to get it to hook.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
This reminds me of my 96 GT (still have it :-D )....I raced a 99 Silverado 5.3 (he had exhaust mod only) and i only got him by like a car length :nonono:

I was on 20's though :-D

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
BeyondLimitz said:
This reminds me of my 96 GT (still have it :-D )....I raced a 99 Silverado 5.3 (he had exhaust mod only) and i only got him by like a car length :nonono:

I was on 20's though :-D

The 5.3 is a lot stronger than a 305.

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Thanks guys, Yeah Mayor I remember him saying it was a Vortech.
Larry, I will race him for sure, I just got back home as I had gone out shortly after I posted this, and not much is going on around town, the guy who owns the truck isn't around and the roads are a little slick in some places around here, so the only kill for tonight was my friends 05 Corolla. It might as well have been a shopping cart. *sigh*

I'll see whats happening tomorrow night or sometime this week to stomp down Ryan (the owner of the truck) I'll probably use the stang, but if it gets a bit nicer i'll take out the Lightning. I don't want to risk it right now in these low temperatures.

Thanks for the help guys.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
crouton said:
Thanks guys, Yeah Mayor I remember him saying it was a Vortech.
Larry, I will race him for sure, I just got back home as I had gone out shortly after I posted this, and not much is going on around town, the guy who owns the truck isn't around and the roads are a little slick in some places around here, so the only kill for tonight was my friends 05 Corolla. It might as well have been a shopping cart. *sigh*

I'll see whats happening tomorrow night or sometime this week to stomp down Ryan (the owner of the truck) I'll probably use the stang, but if it gets a bit nicer i'll take out the Lightning. I don't want to risk it right now in these low temperatures.

Thanks for the help guys.

Make sure it's not a 350. They are 265 horse and run pretty strong

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Make sure it's not a 350. They are 265 horse and run pretty strong

Thanks for the warning, But I know its a 305... It's been burned into my brain because all he does is brag about how "fast" his truck is... Thats why I finally told him to STFU and race that pos rather than run his mouth. He acts like the 305 in his truck is the second coming of christ. The second coming of christ that governs out a 165. (km/h) :rollseyes

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Let me say L.L words..............305 sucks the butt :thumbsup:

if u run 14.5 with the sixer......you should destroy him!

Users who are viewing this thread