1997 Crystal White Cobra, 65k miles, new built Teksid, MO-IL area

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Price: $11,000

This is an authentic cobra in hard-to-find Crystal white. I have put very few miles on the car since buying it, I have another cobra that gets driven more often than this one. Fresh built 4.6, work done in June 2014, only has 200-300 miles since installing engine. Original aluminum Teksid block, .020 over, original forged crankshaft, ARP head and main studs, manley I beam connecting rods, Mahle flat top Pistons (10.5:1 comp ratio), rings gapped for centri supercharger, new FRPP oil pump, all new gaskets/seals throughout, brand new ford timing set, fresh 2001 cobra "C" heads with 2003 mach 1 lower intake manifold. This engine uses a special adapter plate under the original intake manifold lid, so that the car still uses the original "B" head style intake lid, which makes it appear to still use the original "B" heads. Full details /many pictures and receipts available on built engine. Starting with nothing, this engine would cost at least $7000 to build.

performance mods: UPR subframe connectors, rear upper and lower control arms, dallas mustang speed cal to correct speedo, BBK off-road H pipe, flowmaster black 40 series mufflers with turndowns (absolutely perfect sound on this 32v engine), egr delete, frpp aluminum driveshaft, 4.10 frpp gears, centerforce clutch, energy suspension engine and trans mounts, battery relocated to trunk, lightning/ 03 cobra 90 mm maf with custom cold air intake/air filter. Includes sct x3 with "start up" tune from Bob at stlmustangs. Runs very well as-is but was built for a power adder. A stock 96-98 cobra makes 265 rwhp. This car is perfect for making 500+ hp with a centri supercharger (such as vortech, procharger).

Interior/exterior: new Cervinis 95 cobra R style hood, rear deck lid with no spoiler holes (also shaved Ford oval), aftermarket pioneer head unit with ipod connect compatibility, brand new corbeau LG1 micro suede black seats (with correct brackets), quality rearseatdelete.com kit in rear.
17" cobra reps with nitto tires

There are other small mods not listed. I can take off $500 if you want 1997 stock seats instead. I can take off $850 if you bring your own wheels and tires.

Have not driven the car this year and will not have a way to keep it stored in the future. I do not want to sell it, I am not looking for low offers, the car will not disappoint anyone. Please call 573 473 8431 located in vandalia missouri, 1.5 hours north of Stl

5F26C3D7-FF0B-44C9-8B0D-6733D5DE9DAC_zpsuudh8gav.jpg

ED2868D8-3929-4E6D-A6E3-A33469D312C1_zps5vwxqnjm.jpg

6D02A551-9662-4859-AB19-62904A130D8A_zps8ncak2o9.jpg

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Established Member
This is the rear seat delete, bottom is split into two halves and you can store things under there. It's nice as far as seat deletes go.
90451601-8733-49E3-AC8B-7DF2EB88735B_zpspxlpomwb.jpg

All the exterior engine bolts are polished ARP looks really good.
4AFDFDCD-9C27-4646-AF77-A83981ACA501_zpsbrmp96bi.jpg

Wheels and tires are exceptional condition. Rotors show rust on surface because they have been sitting. Car needs to be driven...
D4B127E9-3C3B-41D3-B4AA-A115F5D3F724_zpsbmppriqx.jpg

1BD9D7

Established Member
Thanks I added price as the first thing on the list. I had this for sale on Craigslist but truly I had terrible pics so I'm not surprised it didn't sell

spilly

Established Member
Very clean car. Inspiring me to go wingless with my recent purchase that has a Saleen wing. Love how clean your engine bay is too and assuming you went with COP during the build.

Good luck with the sale and if I hadn't just purchased mine you and I would have been having some serious conversations.

How do you like the LG1 seats? I'm trying to decide which ones to buy and it's difficult to determine how comfortable they will be based on pics.

1BD9D7

Established Member
If you daily drive it then use stock seats or 03-04 cobra seats like I had in my other 97. These seats are great overall, and "comfortable enough" but just not the same comfort as stock seats. The LG1 are light, they recline, and they look good though. You would not believe the weight difference between the Corbeau and 03 cobra seats though, no joke

quick60

Established Member
stock trans?
do you still have the rear seats?, are the rear seat belts still in place?
thanks

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Established Member
The semi flat black looks better than weathered white for the engine bay. It has been apart obviously since it has built engine, absolutely everything that looked bad at all was painted. Underside of car looks nice

spilly

Established Member
If you daily drive it then use stock seats or 03-04 cobra seats like I had in my other 97. These seats are great overall, and "comfortable enough" but just not the same comfort as stock seats. The LG1 are light, they recline, and they look good though. You would not believe the weight difference between the Corbeau and 03 cobra seats though, no joke

Don't daily drive my Cobra and can't stand how spongy and creaky the original seats are. Thanks for the feedback and GLWS.

1BD9D7

Established Member
Thanks lariat psd, yours had many similar features I see, that is one badass car in your signature. I think people around here might expect me to get a GT500 or something newer at least but I don't plan to. If I was keeping a car it would be sn95 I love them.

Open to offers folks, hoping someone kinda local finds this car and takes it home. I have turned down $10k for it twice but who knows I might take it next time. Definately a lot more than $11k spent on this car

Users who are viewing this thread