1997 cobra to 1994 cobra swap

Sn951997SVT

Established Member
I’m sure someone has done it before,but exactly how hard would it be. To swap a 1997 cobra 4.6L into a 1994 cobra 5.0L body?

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Not too bad if you have a donor vehicle. Pull engine/trans and replace, then pull harnesses and replace.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I would imagine so, but I can speak for the cabin harnesses. I had a 97 Cobra as a donor, and did a complete harness swap since I had it available.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
If you have a donor its as simple as just swapping parts. 94-04 unibodies are all the same. Harness, engine, trans, hydroboost etc... will all need swapped unless you want to go with the Max Motorsports manual brake setup which does work for 94/95 cars. Fuel system should be the same for the tank and the hard lines, you'll need to swap on the 97 engine fuel lines. 98 is when everything started getting funky but you have a 97 donor car so you are good.

nomoretickets

Established Member
I think the K-members are different between the pushrod and mod motors, but i am only saying that on the basis of halfa$$ research i did in HS when contemplating a 351 swap into my 98 GT (never happened). as others have said, I would imagine you would need the complete engine harness from the 97 along with the motor. Maybe ECU too? I would ask some of the guys that have 4v swapped their foxes, since not a whole lot changed from the late foxbody cars to the 94/05 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread