1997 cobra low miles superchareged forged motor clean

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
up for sale is a 1997 Rio Red Mustang Cobra that is supercharged with a vortech Strim supercharger making about 500hp. i will list all the modifications done the the vehicle. Car is gorgeous as they come and is very very clean. interior is mint.

MODS:
4.6 .20 over with forged rods and pistons
Vortech Strim supercharger (polished)
Vortech Aftercooler (polished)
seimens deka 60lb injecters
mafia mass air extender
Lightning Mass Air Meter
MSD Coil Packs
Chrome Coil Covers
bbk Off road mid pipe
Dual Friction Clutch
T-rex in line pump
255 in tank pump
autometer boost and wideband guages
short shifter
Built independent Rear suspension
4.10 rear gears
rebuilt posi
all poly bushings and Full tilt boogie racing parts
cross drilled and slotted rotors
much more!

Cons
clear coat is fading a bit
upper intake manifold lid is peeling (will powdercoat the lid any color depending on the buyers wants)
needs new serp belt (i have it and am aiming to install as soon as i get time)

let me know what you have to offer for trade
trades plus cash accepted
muscle cars, fox bodys, other cobras,just let me know what you have the worst i can say is no
Cash price is 13k clear pa title in hand
Text me 24/7 717-465-4161 if the add is up its for sale if you have a trade please send text with pics and details NO EMAILS

Last edited:

mrxr250rider

Established Member
also this car does not have 34k original miles. over 120k.

looks like the guy he bought it off of put a low mileage cluster in it after doing a carfax. he didnt seem too suprised when i told him that and didnt say a whole lot. u would think he would be mad aswell if he was lied to about the car. maybe try to work something out with the guy he got it off of and try to get us some money back.

i wouldnt doubt that the t-lok is shot either. one DR is more worn than the other.

OVERALL
i got the car as described in the add...... besides the mileage issue,possible t lok issue and the aftercooler is not completly hooked up and not working(this i knew about,he claims it was tuned without the cooler) for $10.5 delivered.
dyno sheet is questionable. doesnt feel like 480whp to me. runs good though besides belt slipping

brakes make noise at low speeds and tires rub fenderwells on bumps expecially if you have a passenger.

that sums it up,i wanted and expected a pretty clean low mileage car that needed nothing. expecially since im now broke after buying the car. obviously not the case.

Last edited:

mrxr250rider

Established Member
why didnt you run carfax before you purchased the car? jw

i didnt think i had to. i should have. i saw pics,looked clean and saw a pic of the title with 33k

mark drove it down to me and dropped the price from 14k to 10.5 for me. he wanted it gone asap.

anyways mark texted me tonight and said he emailed the previous owner a lengthy email and he did not know about the mileage issue either and is pissed.

-DUNNY-

Established Member
well that sucks for you and sorry to hear about it. Im sure mark didnt know about it being that bad...

HAHA, yes im sure when you can see the rust plain as day, and i specifically asked if there was any rust issues and if the floor boards were solid in a text. You would think you would bend down and take a look. If you just answer questions with whatever the buyer wants to hear, you have no bussiness selling cars. Then deny it in text messages as you can see....

mrxr sorry to hear about you too. but you probably wont be surprised we are not the only ones...

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
HAHA, yes im sure when you can see the rust plain as day, and i specifically asked if there was any rust issues and if the floor boards were solid in a text. You would think you would bend down and take a look. If you just answer questions with whatever the buyer wants to hear, you have no bussiness selling cars. Then deny it in text messages as you can see....

mrxr sorry to hear about you too. but you probably wont be surprised we are not the only ones...

ya man that sucks for both of you guys.

mrxr250rider

Established Member
mark has been trying to get in touch with the previous owner that put the low mileage cluster in. hes not responding. figures.

i told mark the car could use rear brakes,an aftermarket quadrant setup along with some other small things and that im broke after buying the car.

mark offered to send me a maximum motorsports quadrant/firewall adjuster setup and rear pads for the car.

OVERALL- im pretty happy with the car. i cant blame mark for the mileage issue since he didnt put the cluster in. im happy he is providing me with new brakes and a quadrant setup.

Users who are viewing this thread