1997 Cobra Coupe value?

miniSHO

Established Member
I am in process of buying a '97 Pacific Green Cobra coupe for $10,500 with 39K miles, all stock, original, receipts, window sticker, 1 owner. What do you guys think about the price?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
svtenthusiast said:
I am in process of buying a '97 Pacific Green Cobra coupe for $10,500 with 39K miles, all stock, original, receipts, window sticker, 1 owner. What do you guys think about the price?

Actually that sounds exactly like mine, only mine is White with 60K miles and side exhaust. I got the original sticker, svt forms,one owner...etc. I paid 10.7K. I am sure there are people here that will say you/I over paid... but I forget about that the second I start her up!:coolman:

I know crystal white cars had some paint issues mine is no exception. I think the paint is .05 mm thick,lol. It is a good idea to bring a 3rd party with you, a friend or someone. That way you dont overlook things (4 eyes better than 2). Good luck man!

miniSHO

Established Member
venomous97cobra said:
Is 10,500 the starting price or is that what you talked him down to?

That's what he wanted for the car, as I thought the price was already reasonable. Why do you ask (just wondering)?

miniSHO

Established Member
97WHITEVENOM said:
Actually that sounds exactly like mine, only mine is White with 60K miles and side exhaust. I got the original sticker, svt forms,one owner...etc. I paid 10.7K. I am sure there are people here that will say you/I over paid... but I forget about that the second I start her up!:coolman:

I know crystal white cars had some paint issues mine is no exception. I think the paint is .05 mm thick,lol. It is a good idea to bring a 3rd party with you, a friend or someone. That way you dont overlook things (4 eyes better than 2). Good luck man!

Thanks!

miniSHO

Established Member
MOmystic said:
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if it's in good shape and has no history of accidents.

Carfax is clean, no accidents or body work, newer Goodyear F1 tires, original brakes, garaged, leather has no tears or major creases, no wear on radio buttons, excel spreadsheet of gas fillups and mpg since new, oil change records.

miniSHO

Established Member
Sure will, thanks! Flying out to pick it up on Friday and driving it home 600 miles. Should be a blast and a chance to get a good feel for the car. I have owned a few HP cars in the past ('97 SHO, '99 SVT Contour, '01 GT, '03 Cobra), but I think this car is going to become one of the best.

96RagTop

Too slow, car wont go.
Established Member
Its a buyers market right now. I know bc ive had mine for sale for almost 3 monthes now.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
97WHITEVENOM said:
I know crystal white cars had some paint issues mine is no exception. I think the paint is .05 mm thick,lol. It is a good idea to bring a 3rd party with you, a friend or someone. That way you dont overlook things (4 eyes better than

+1, especially since you will be excited about buying the car, you will overlook some stuff or just flat out not notice it. take an impartial observer with you.

Users who are viewing this thread