1997 Cobra Convertible Seat Belts

97cobraforever

Established Member
Hey guys,

im having problems with the rear passenger side seat, mainly the seat belt in my convertible.
the seat belt is attached and looks in tact but when I or a passenger tries to use it...
the seat belt doesn't budge. The only thing that moves is the metal fastener.

please help, it's a convertible by the way

thanks

Whit Clark

Established Member
it could be rusted a little. you can remove your top liner, that black leather piece down in the back that the top folds into when its completely down. remove that and that should give you access to the seat belt mechanism and inspect for any moisture damage and use WD40 or whatever you prefer and see see if that helps. if it is from water damage, inspect to see how the moisture is getting in. i just recently replaced my top that had been off the car for 5 years and its been in the weather for two with just a tarp laid over it. within those two years you would not believe how bad the water damage was. so just be cautious and mindful and inspect. then again it could just be a malfunctioning seatbelt, but it never hurts to check while your back there.

omj

Established Member
I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I do have a set of rear seat belts from a 2003 Cobra if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread