1996 Saleen s281 questions

Angel164

Established Member
So i saw a red 96 mustang saturday, it had saleen badging, i didnt know if it was real or not, so i asked the dealer, and they told me it was a clone, ran the VIN, found out its a real S281 (dumbasses think its a clone) they are selling for 3k, what i am asking is, what were the options they had for the saleens for that year. This saleen is red, with leather, convert, with the roll bar, side exhaust, and this long spoiler, its a 4.6 (standard gt motor) but idk i dont know if the body kit is real or not, idk if it came with side exhaust, but the VIN has the P45 code so i know its a legit saleen, it has 128k miles.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Does it have the Saleen dash plaque down by the shifter, and also on the drivers side of the engine bay? Did you run the VIN through Saleen or the DMV? Although there are a ton of fake Saleens out there, many of the uninformed dont realize that almost all Saleen mustangs have V6 VIN's on them so it can be very misleading. Id suggest post a few pics so we can better help you, because for 3K that is a killer deal that should not be passed up if real.

I dont ever remember any of these cars coming with side exhaust though....

Users who are viewing this thread