1996 Ford Mustang Cobra crystal white new paint

dlaude

Established Member
Saw this on craigslist, was curious - why the mark8 long block? What's the difference between that and the Cobra long block?

autoworx

Established Member
Saw this on craigslist, was curious - why the mark8 long block? What's the difference between that and the Cobra long block?

it still has the teskid block. only the cobra motor has a forged 8 bolt crank the mark 8 motors have a cast 6 bolt crank. same as a gt. Other than that the motors are completely interchangeable. When I replaced the flywheel I just ordered one for a 6 bolt gt. I guess it would limit the power with the cranks but they use the same rods as far as I know. and the 8 bolt crank is rated for like 1000 hp and the 6 bolt is 600 hp.

dlaude

Established Member
it still has the teskid block. only the cobra motor has a forged 8 bolt crank the mark 8 motors have a cast 6 bolt crank. same as a gt. Other than that the motors are completely interchangeable. When I replaced the flywheel I just ordered one for a 6 bolt gt. I guess it would limit the power with the cranks but they use the same rods as far as I know. and the 8 bolt crank is rated for like 1000 hp and the 6 bolt is 600 hp.

Gotcha, thanks. GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread