1996 Black Cobra Vert.. NJ.. 67k miles

fox5oh

OVERWEIGHT COBRA
Established Member
Up for sale is my 1996 Mustang Cobra (original cobra). The car has 67,7xx miles and was a Florida car most of it's life. This car is rust free. It is a 14 year old car so there are some rock chips, scratches, and dings but nothing serious. The carfax is clean showing no accidents or anything wrong.

Reason for selling it because I got a new job maming more money where I could afford payments on a new car and that is the route i'm taking.... No rush to sell but here it is

JLT cold Air Intake, MSD coil packs, MAC o/r h pipe, Borla xr1 catback.
T-45 Transmission
Mach 460 Sterio System
New convertible top (5k miles) done by previous owner
New EGR valve
New Battery
New Brembro front brake pads
Freshly cut Front rotors(1500 miles ago)
Fresh Mobil 1 Oil change(1500 miles ago)
Cobra Stainless Lettering in the rear bumper
Autolite plugs( 1500 miles )
FRPP 99mm blue wires ( 1500 miles )
JLT CAI ( 850 miles )

I ran the car for a total of 2 times and pulled out a 13.53. I did not buy this car to race. Rolled off the line, No powershifting. I bought it for a nice top down cruiser.

As is any use car.. It is being sold AS IS... No warranty written or implied.... I described everything to the best of my knowledge. Any question please ask.

The check engine light is back on. It came on 5 miles after I left the shop. Tthat is because it does not have cats or MIL eliminators..Also has a code about a bank 2 code.. I have a different o2 sensor in there.. What happened is when I got rid of my old X pipe I couldnt get the old sensor out so I sold it with it in there.. So I had to use a bosch o2 sensor that was in my stock catted h pipe..

The car makes a clunk sound when you go over bumps.. I found out finally that there are 2 bushings that are shot in the rear.... The Brake booster is leaking very slightly.. Also a squeal either from the serpetine belt or a bearing in the alternator. The car could use a paint job.. It looks great from a distance but once you get up close you can definitely tell the car sat for a while.... Serious buyers that cant see the car in person, I will take very detailed pics and videos of the car if you are very interested.. Anybody else please just ask any questions you may have..

Location Edison NJ
Price $6,000 OBO

Very descriptive with the problems. Engine, Rear, Trans are all in very good working order.. No problems with either of them.

34eqq0l.jpg

5y6ret.jpg

xpa58o.jpg

2e4yj3t.jpg

3304f2c.jpg

I will sell the car with the black chrome FR500s for $6,000
Rims have 1,500 miles on them

I will sell the car with the Painted Cobra R's for $5,700

14u8ads.jpg

Please PM me only for serious interests.. I will answer any questions.

fox5oh

OVERWEIGHT COBRA
Established Member
Yes they're v6 eats out of a 02.. The previou owner said he liked these over the sn95 seats.. Not my choice

blkvenm97

Established Member
question

is something wrong with this car? I know there some minor things he pointed out I mean major...because for a car like this that seems like too good to be true. this is what I want outside of a mach1...a triple black 96-98 cobra...I used to have a black on black leather 97 hardtop...I want a droptop this time...mine was fixed up just like this one except I had flowmasters instead of the borlas and had the same jlt intake, plug wires, etc....very nice car I love the black chrome fr500s...very nice. but what's with the price? just wonderin it seems a lil too good to be true...ecspecially when he went down to 4200 I was thinkin 6000 was good...are you saying 4200 with those shitty cobra rs or with the fr500s? you said 5700 originally and 6 with the fr500s...so does that mean we can get the car as is with the fr500s for 4500 now since you dropped to 4200 with the cobra rs? no offense to anyone with cobra rs, mine had chrome ones but they're played out...everyone on earth has them...they're more common than stock wheels. I just like a different look...EXACTLY like the black chrome fr500s...looks sharp as hell :beer:
Michael

00SilverBullet

Indiana White Snake
Established Member
^^^I have been trying to contact this guy for a couple weeks now and i haven't heard a thing. I had the same question as you did but i can't get an answer. :shrug:

fox5oh

OVERWEIGHT COBRA
Established Member
No there is nothing SERIOUSLY VVrong vvith the car.. The price dropped for a quick sale and because I sold the fr500s.. VVhere do you see $4200?? The price of the car is $4800 Hovv it sits right novv.. Like this:

t9gnsm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread