1996-99 MUSTANG 1 PIECE CRANK SPROCKET UPGRADE KIT COBRA

shelbycobra

Established Member
ok friends i have the 96 cobra when i had it rebuilt i had the upgraded solid crank sprocket installed but i used my old trigger wheel but reading articles its saying to use the upgraded trigger wheel that is slimmer if this is true please let me know before i order the slimmer trigger wheel any advice please

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm guessing you haven't tried putting on the timing cover. I think the difference is timing cover clearance and aligning with the crank sensor. If you try your current wheel with the timing cover it should be pretty obvious pretty quick if a thinner wheel is needed.

shelbycobra

Established Member
I'm guessing you haven't tried putting on the timing cover. I think the difference is timing cover clearance and aligning with the crank sensor. If you try your current wheel with the timing cover it should be pretty obvious pretty quick if a thinner wheel is needed.
I DONT HAVE IT OFF RIGHT NOW THE GUY BUILT MY MOTOR IN 2007 AND I UPGRADED TO THE SOLID ONE PIECE MY PART NUMBER IS XL3Z6306BA

01yellercobra

Established Member
I DONT HAVE IT OFF RIGHT NOW THE GUY BUILT MY MOTOR IN 2007 AND I UPGRADED TO THE SOLID ONE PIECE MY PART NUMBER IS XL3Z6306BA
I get the point. Damn. You're not going to get any power increase or anything from it. If things are working now why bother?

shelbycobra

Established Member
I get the point. Damn. You're not going to get any power increase or anything from it. If things are working now why bother?
TO BE HONEST I AM HAVING A NOISE UP FRONT ONLY WHEN I ACCELLARATE SO I AM TAKING IT OFF OT MAKE SURE THE SOLID PIECE IS ON IT AND I AHVE A KENNE BELL I AM PUTTING ON IT AND I THOUGHT THE THICKER GEAR WOULKD HELP GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT

Users who are viewing this thread