1995 SVT Cobra Hardtop/Convertible

scottydsntknow

Established Member
At Mustang shows yeah it should. Even with all the windows up and the hardtop on you can tell its different.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I bought one new and sold it after 18 years of ownership with 11,000 miles. I got $14,000 and was pleased with that price. It was replaced with a 2014 GT500.

They are special cars. I bought it when it was expected to be the pinnacle Mustang and obviously that changed. I will never own a black car again.

The blog is accurate other than there were 4005 coupes + 1003 verts.

The ht/verts were specially built at DAP. Crash testing required additional bracing down the a-pillar to hold the hardtop in place and is also the reason for the pins that come forward in addition to the hooks that hold the top in place. The harness from the main body is also completely different to accommodate the plug behind the rear seat for the hardtop.

Good luck with the stand. You will need to find someone that has one from their car.

Tom

scottydsntknow

Established Member
For a hardtop holder, I'd do what my dad did with his hardtop vette convertible. Pulley on the roof of the garage and parachute cord holding the hardtop up in the air over the car with a padded hardtop holder that you can remove with the hardtop on the car. Either buy one or make one out of PCV. Pulley as well as a safety chain attached to a main stud in the roof. Drive the car under it and lower it right down onto the car. Makes removal stupid easy too.

MrRush28

Established Member
A stand? You have to find one someone is selling and there were only like 505 ever made or something. There actually were a few GTs and at least 1 V6 hardtop convertibles.
Sorry to bump a older thread. But yes, they did make a FEW GTs. Maybe 10. Here's mine. Very unique cars.
20190312_180339_zpsorxo8vs9.jpg

20190209_153617_zps3zoh0jwl.jpg

Vega$SVT

Established Member
Car's great. Saw one at the BJ showroom in Scottsdale last week with 9000 miles on it asking $24,900 for it.

They also had a New 1995 SVT Cobra 105 miles on it never dealer prepped still has the plastic wrap on the seats. Asking price $49,900. I don't see people standing in line to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread