1995 SHO Taurus - 5 speed.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Vehicle: 1995 Ford Taurus SHO
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Color: Silver
Mileage: 127,000

Up for sale is my 1995 Silver Frost MTX. The car is in EXCELLENT running condition and has quite few nice Additions on it.

Exterior: Exterior would get a 7 out of 10. It's a good 5 Footer meaning standing from 5 feet away this car looks damn near brand new. The paint shines up VERY nice. There are a few small dings here and there but you would have to look very closely to find them. The passenger side fender however does have some battery acid damage from a track event a few years ago when the PO owned the car. It is not to noticable but if your looking for it its spot on. The rear bumper has a scrape right above the SHO lettering from a garage door, It's very small and again not to noticable unless your looking for somthing wrong. The headlights - Need to be replaced, They are just old. Other then that this car looks Fantastic.

Interior - The interior on this car is VERY nice. The seats looking great minus where the elather is starting to cone up from one of the bolsters. The carpet is clean (and will be shampood before sale). The headliner is perfect. The back seats are near perfect. Everything works except for a bulb that has gone out on the passenger side door entry light.

Engine - This car runs fantastic. It recently turned a 14.7@95 MPH with nothing but a catless Y-Pipe, However there are some issues that need to be adressed. The first is the A/C - When the A/C does it work it blows ICE cold. However, Its tempermental and will at times just blow warm air. I beleive nothing needs to be done but pulling a shime from the A/C compressor. The Accessory belt for the A/C - ALT needs to be replaced, This will probably be done before sale. All MX is up to date, The last 60k was done at 80k Miles. The car has a new rebuilt Alternator that was rebuilt Locally. ROD BEARINGS. The rod bearings have NOT been replaced on this car. I have them, Just need to get them in. If the new owner wants them in before sale I will do so for an additional 175 Dollars of the list price. This car runs top notch - Many of the NC SHO guy's can attest as they have seen this in person.

Suspension - Suspension is Modified to all hell, The mod list is below - Here are some issues. Strut Mounts! The strut mounts need to be replaced, Thats all there is to it. The alighnment is also off. MOTOR MOUNTS The front motor mount was replaced before I received the car and is holding up, However the rear Motor mount is done - It needs to be replaced. Between the Motor Mount, Strut mounts and being equiped with ALSFB's the car likes to sqeak when going around corners. It also will squeak when your on and off the throttle as the engine is moving around. Not very hard fixes however.

Brakes - The car needs new rotors as the current ones are heat checked and at higher speeds shake a little bit if you stomp the brakes. This thing still stops on a DIME. It has upgraded brakes, Again - Read the mod list below.

Exhaust - It has an apparent Exhaust leak - This is probably due to the bad rear motor mount.

Transmission - This car shifts like butter and has about 25k on the current transmission. This transmission was rebuilt 1,000 Miles before I got the car and the differential was reinforced. The car has about 2500 Miles on the clutch. The TOB is a little noisy but other then that, There is nothing to complain about.

Now, For the Mods:

-Aftermarket Silencer alarm with Keyless Entry.
- SHOshop Cattless (Was catted at one point) equal length Y-Pipe
- SHOnut teflon impregnated alumina ceramic coated TOB release shaft bushings
- SACHS replacement clutch - 2500 Miles (Pretty much a stock replacement).
-Tim Dahm alluminum rear STB
-Alluminum subframe bushings.
-Brake ducts
-12" Bondurant/Baer brakes with braided stainless lines. PF pads on the front, Porterfield R4-S pads on the rear..
-Tokico Struts
-Intrax springs
- 20.5/26mm Swaybars.
-BMR Adjustable rear controll arms w/H-Brace
-Rear Knuckle braces
-Shrotch 4 Point ASM Ralleye Harness - Tucks away when not in use.
-Transmission vent hose with filler
-Transmission Drain Plugs
-Subframe is powder coated Ford blue.
- 17x7 Eneki OR52 wheels with BFGoodrich G-Force Sports (70% Tread remaining, Still Grip very well).

Modifications NOT installed:

SHOsource Stage III PNP intake.
SHObro's Garage BBB's.

Also, I have a Quaifed Transmission that is currently on its way to beth to be fully rebuilt with brand new Snycro's and blocking rings as well as Cryo treated gears. This will come with the car but obviously will raise the price.

I am the second owner of this car - This car has been in AZ, CA and now NC - There is not a spec of rust to be found on this car. The Title is clean and I have EVERY single MX paper since day one - To include the window sticker.

So what am I asking? Well, That depends. If you want the car with the Quaifed Transmission (Wich I will NOT install, The new owner will have to do so) then I want 4300 Hundred dollars for the car. Without the transmission? $3400 - Those are Firm Prices. - I will deliver within a 250 Mile Radius however at the owners expense of paying to fill up the 12 gallon tank in my Nissan Fronteir so I can get home.

Again, Here is what is WRONG with the car. (I want to be VERY clear on this so their is no suprises).

A/C Compressor - Needs to be gapped, A/C still blows Ice old.
Needs a new ALT-A/C accesory belt - Old one is dry and cracked.
Needs new Strut Mounts.
Needs new rear Motor mount.
Needs new Rotors.
Exhaust leak.
Needs Alignment.

3400 without Rebuilt and Cryo treated Quaifed transmission
4300 With Quaifed Tranny (Not installed).

On the left of the engine bay you can see the effect of the Battery Acid incident that happend a few years ago.
engine.jpg

DSCN3051.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

DSC01237.gif

DSC01234.gif

(No, It does not have Green Headlights, The guy taking the pictures was just messing around with a Laser pen and the ISO settings on his Camera).
DSC01240.gif

l_fc07e1d73b45222f408ab71ae0b6dfd3.jpg

Here is a Video of me messing around at a Circle track last weekend:

th_MVI_2800.jpg

Thank you.

-Sam

Users who are viewing this thread