1995 Cobra R Oil Pan Kit

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Is M-6675-A58 the correct part number for the 1995 Cobra R Oil Pan Kit? I thought it was M-6675-R58 or at least something ending with R58. The A58 pan is the only one I can find listed for the 351w but its not listed as a Cobra R Oil Pan.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Call the hotline and ask them. They should know why the part# changed.

Go Canton with a windage tray. Well worth it.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Is M-6675-A58 the correct part number for the 1995 Cobra R Oil Pan Kit? I thought it was M-6675-R58 or at least something ending with R58. The A58 pan is the only one I can find listed for the 351w but its not listed as a Cobra R Oil Pan.

When I copy and paste the A58 number in Google, here is what pops up first........

Ford Racing M-6675-A58 Ford Racing Engine Swap Oil Pans

It appears to be a swap pan for a Fox Mustang. I see Fox swap listed in most all of the websites found in the Google search. Will it also fit a SN95? Maybe? :shrug:

When I copy and paste the R58 number in Google, there is not mention of Fox in the websites listed. There is mention of putting a 351W in a 95 Mustang.

R

Last edited:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member

Todd,

The "R" pan does not have the dipstick in the pan. It goes in the block.

The "Oil Pan Kit" has a provision on the side of the pan for the dipstick, and the kit supplies the stick and tube with the kit.

If you ever found such a pan, could you also find a tube&stick for a 351W in a SN95 Mustang? :shrug:

The smart thing to do, is aftermarket pan or the Ford Racing pan and plug the block where the tube&stick enter. I think it's a 3/8" cupped expansion plug. :rockon:

I know everyone here likes Canton, but unless they have changed their design, you can't drain all the oil out of the pan, unless you let it drain overnight. The boxed baffle in the sump is so close to the walls of the pan, the oil gets trapped. I had an experience before I noticed. If you order any oil pan, call the manufacturer first and ask about this. All it takes is about 3/16th of and inch clearance. I had a KEVKO pan custom made for the same cost as a Canton. I have two Canton pans on the shelve. One road race & one drag. The road race one has the problem.

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Gene, good info. My #77 car had a pan with the screw in dipstick. So I’m thinking maybe they used the A58 Kits for the engine exchange program for the R’s that were raced in IMSA/Speedvision Cup. I know later on (Grand Am Cup for sure) the R’s were allowed to run road race pans but I’m not sure when that change took effect. I have video of crew swapping an engine in 1998 Motorola Cup and the engines had stock type pans.

Ruslow

Established Member
My R had the dipstick in the pan and the hole in the block plugged.All of the Rs that I have seen were the same way.I don't think with the stock windage tray it can go any other way.Stan

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
My R had the dipstick in the pan and the hole in the block plugged.All of the Rs that I have seen were the same way.I don't think with the stock windage tray it can go any other way.Stan

Stan,

In stock form, from SVT, my '95R came with the dip stick & tube in the block.
Were all the '95R's that you've seen (with the blocks plugged), virgins?

I never heard of a windage tray in a '95R. :shrug:

Ruslow

Established Member
The 4 that I have seen were all in the pan.numbers from 40s to 190s.I know that mine was a virgin and it has a windage tray inside the pan.the tray bolts to the main bolts like the oil pick up tube.Maybe the motors were done the same as the shelby's from long ago.As parts were there they got them if not they did not.Stan

Users who are viewing this thread