1994 Cobra VIN#

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
What would an authentic 1994 Cobra VIN# look like? I'm about to purchase one but there are some details about the car that are making me question its authenticity...

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
^ Correct. You want to see the "D" in that VIN. You can also run the VIN by SVT
(1-800-ford-svt) to verify if you feel like it...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
You can also run a carfax (something you should be doing anyway) ans it will show cobra. or cal your insurance company they will tell you

aloo1

Established Member
what is making you question it. i'm sure if you just tell people here they will be able to help a lil too. like what the rear bumper is supposed to say. where it should or shouldn't say cobra. what emblems should be on it. just stuff like that. good luck with the find. hope its what your looking for.
thanks,
alan

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
94 shouldnt have cobra on the bumper, 2 emblems on the front fenders, cobra on the steering wheel and could be cloth or leather seats.

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
what is making you question it. i'm sure if you just tell people here they will be able to help a lil too. like what the rear bumper is supposed to say. where it should or shouldn't say cobra. what emblems should be on it. just stuff like that. good luck with the find. hope its what your looking for.
thanks,
alan

Well for one, the front bumper is that of a GT which is a huge red flag. It's a clean ass car, but I dont wanna be driving around some half-ass cobra (or gt for that matter). Im gonna try to get the VIN# from the guy before I make the 2 hr+ drive. Here's the link to the ad:

95 Mustang Cobra

And here's some pics he sent me...

FriJan22135753PST2010.gif

FriJan22140016PST2010.gif

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
The 94-95's didn't come with the "COBRA" lettered read bumpers. GT front bumper, what looks like GT headlights, no SVT Deck Lid badge. It does have the correct Deck Lid Spoiler, and fender badges. With that lowered front end stance you'll probably have some damage to exhaust and some under body panels. Any engine bay pic's? I think with all those red flags I would have passed on it after 2 min's. What's your ultimate goal for a car like this?

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The 94-95's didn't come with the "COBRA" lettered read bumpers. GT front bumper, what looks like GT headlights, no SVT Deck Lid badge. It does have the correct Deck Lid Spoiler, and fender badges. With that lowered front end stance you'll probably have some damage to exhaust and some under body panels. Any engine bay pic's? I think with all those red flags I would have passed on it after 2 min's. What's your ultimate goal for a car like this?

Its a Cobra...

94-5 Cobras have a specific decklid with no third brake light in it... NO ONE would go to the extent of finding a decklid to make a fake...

BUT...... its missing Cobra Headlights and front bumper, and has a 96 Cobra Rear bumper...

Its obviously been in an accident or two...

I'd look elsewhere IMO..

Even if it costs you a thousand dollars more, you would be money ahead by looking for a nicer one...

Buying a fixer upper always COSTS you alot more in the end...

Last edited:

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
man you could find a way better deal, that car looks like a roach? it looks like it has been hit hard? also look for vin stickers on every body panel. By the looks of this car I would stay 20 miles away

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
haha. i paid $2500 for my unmolested 94 cobra with 187k miles and not a damn thing wrong with it. dont even think about that car. its obviously rat trap.

rpepe

RedSnake97
Established Member
For you and others that are planning to purchase a Cobra you might want to buy the book "SVT Mustang Cobra Recognition Guider". by Thomas Shreiner. It has specifications, pictures, and unique things that were special to each production run.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
that is too many red flags. he doesn't even have a corner light. my guess is this was someones beater and he drove the shit out of it.

Chris.94GT

Established Member
94-5 Cobras have a specific decklid with no third brake light in it... NO ONE would go to the extent of finding a decklid to make a fake...

Not entirely true...I did.

img_0745.gif

wreck1.gif

and que the haters with the "why would you fake it". Actually at one point I had that red decklid/spoiler and a black one as well... Was going to paint the black one when I came across the red one. Unless you looked at the vin and saw the badges you would think it was a real cobra. had brakes, cluster, intake, etc.. it ran down my friend's 95 cobra plenty of times

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread