1994 Cobra stalling problems

Blacksunshine94

Ok guys I need some serious help with my 5.0 almost every time I pull up to a light the car dies unless I keep it running. I bought it about 6 months ago the person i bought it from said it has a new fuel pump and filter, distributer, battery and alternator and spark plugs. It ran good when I first got it a couple months into driving it, it would stall when I first started it then it would run fine after i started driving. Now this problem has progressed into stalling at every light I come to. Since then I've replaced the plug wires, cap and rotor, IACV, control module, PCV valve, off road X-pipe, CCRM. Out of all of this the only things I've seen make a difference is the plug wires and the cap and rotor witch I replace on separate occasions wires helped for a day or so cap and rotor a couple blocks. I love the car but am getting sick of driving it if it won't stay running please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Sounds like you could be getting unmetered air. Check your intake between the filter and TB to make sure none of the fittings have come undone, and also make sure the vacuum lines that run into the intake tube are still all attached. My JLT CAI loves to wiggle is fittings loose every now and then, and causes similar issues at idle.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
In addition to all above you may want to check your fuel pressure @ idle when its stalling . Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Blacksunshine94

I've checked the fuel pressure at idle but I can't get the car to stall unless I'm driving it I've had code 556 come up in the past for fuel pump circuit failure witch is why I've replaced the CCRM witch has the fuel pump relay in it and had no change in the way it runs.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
The pip sensor in the distributor may be starting to go out.You said you were told it had a new distributor put on, but it may have been a reman unit which may not replace all internal components.If you are able to ,check fuel line Schrader valve on the fuel rail and see if has good pressure after stalling (unless you have a fuel pressure gauge).I believe the pcm will dropout the fuel pump circuit if it loses its signal from the distributor ( icm/pip circuit.),Another thing to check is the fuel pressure regulator. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread