1994 cobra build

j-tan

Established Member
i have a boost brothers turbo kit. i have a few question before i start install. i want to make sure i have every little piece first before the install. the kit is complete with all the hot and cold piping, intercooler, bov, wastegate and t67turbo. im looking to make 425 to 500 hp

suggestions and changes would be great to what im getting and missing.

fuel pump- 255lph
injectors-42lb injectors
fuel rail?
maf-?
computer-?
add anything else that i would need and of coure im going to get it tuned.
thanks

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Boost controller, NGK TR6 sprak plugs, air filter for turbo inlet , blow thru maf, computer stock will do just tune, stock fuel rails will do , 42lb injector or 60lb if you have plan to up the boost, fuel pump or pumps ;)

j-tan

Established Member
Boost controller, NGK TR6 sprak plugs, air filter for turbo inlet , blow thru maf, computer stock will do just tune, stock fuel rails will do , 42lb injector or 60lb if you have plan to up the boost, fuel pump or pumps ;)

What is a maf? And what is a good brand?
Fuel pumps? Can I put two of them?
Thanks

The AntiRice

Established Member
if you dont know what this stuff is yet you should probably hold off on this undertaking until you have a little more knowledge under your belt.

jcveron

Established Member
Then y did you say what is a maf? If you dont know what things are then like said above...do some research before starting a build so you dont screw up your car

61mmstang94

Established Member
I know what a mass air flow sensor is.

This is what I would do:

60-lb injectors

SCT BA-2600 mass-air

fuel pump(s) of choice...walbro pumps, etc....Maybe an in-tank walbro coupled with an in-line walbro would be the safest and pretty cheap to do.

Find tuner who will be able to work with your stock 94 computer and see what spark plugs he reccomends to use since he'll be doing the tuning.

Then if you want to run more boost than whatever your wastegate it set to, you could buy a cheap manual boost controller.

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
What is a maf? And what is a good brand?
Fuel pumps? Can I put two of them?
Thanks

Mass air meter-maf. I am using Pmas blow thru maf. Pmas or sct for maf. yes you can run up to 3 pumps with right setup like 03-04 cobra fuel tank with Fore hat. I am using two gt supercar pumps with 03 cobra fuel take and stock cobra hat, pprv delete, stage 2 fpdm, 40 amps bap with wire upgrade.

We all have to learn someday and everyday, if I can be some help I will be glad to answer your questions. Don't let any one scare you away from reaching your goal, no one is expert here, we all share what we know and learn everyday!!

Last edited:

j-tan

Established Member
Mass air meter-maf. I am using Pmas blow thru maf. Pmas or sct for maf. yes you can run up to 3 pumps with right setup like 03-04 cobra fuel tank with Fore hat. I am using two gt supercar pumps with 03 cobra fuel take and stock cobra hat, pprv delete, stage 2 fpdm, 40 amps bap with wire upgrade.

We all have to learn someday and everyday, if I can be some help I will be glad to answer your questions. Don't let any one scare you away from reaching your gold, no one is expert here, we all share what we know and learn everyday!!

Cool man thank. I ill look into that set up. Thanks for helping
This is what I would do:

60-lb injectors

SCT BA-2600 mass-air

fuel pump(s) of choice...walbro pumps, etc....Maybe an in-tank walbro coupled with an in-line walbro would be the safest and pretty cheap to do.

Find tuner who will be able to work with your stock 94 computer and see what spark plugs he reccomends to use since he'll be doing the tuning.

Then if you want to run more boost than whatever your wastegate it set to, you could buy a cheap manual boost controller.
That sound like a good idea too. Ill look into both of them and see what is a better fuel setup and thank you too for your help

harvboi05

Established Member
This is what I would do:

60-lb injectors

SCT BA-2600 mass-air

i second the 255 intank, 255 inline pump setup. and everything else actually, ha.

j-tan

Established Member
Yeah I'm going with the 255 intank and 255 inline setup. It is more cost efficient and easier than doing the 03 cobra setup.

for the maf should I go with the sct or pmas? I hear good thing about both but which one do you guys peffer and why?

acidshn20

Established Member
Yeah I'm going with the 255 intank and 255 inline setup. It is more cost efficient and easier than doing the 03 cobra setup.

for the maf should I go with the sct or pmas? I hear good thing about both but which one do you guys peffer and why?

Ask what your local tuner prefers and choose accordingly.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Also, I think the setup I posted is the simplest, cheapest and would very easily and safely support more power than you're planning on making..........but call around and make sure you can find someone to tune you 94 computer. When I originally had a stock computer in a 94 there were tuners who said they wouldn't tune it.

Once you find a tuner who will do it I would ask them for their reccomendation on plugs and the SCT mass air is a good piece and is what I would use personally. With the dual walbro setup and 60-lbers you will be good to go with a reliable simple setup. Keep it as simple as possible and you'll be better off.

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I had two companies tune my 94 between the builds I did on it. None of them ever had a problem. I had a Diablo flip chip in my car though. As far as tuning the stock computer I dont know how you would do that without a chip and have it drive as well.

Users who are viewing this thread