1994-95 Handheld Tuners???????Help

firemedix911

Established Member
SincE we r talking tuners. Why is it that always The tuners are advertised for the 98 and up cobras. Can't find one for 96 cobras.

firemedix911

Established Member
Yeah i see the 94-98 tuners and chips but why is there a specific tuner for 98-01 cobras and then there's nothing specific for the 96-97 cobra. Anyone know why?

95riosnake

Established Member
SCT 4 bank eliminator chip + dyno tune from Lasota Racing

That's how I did mine. OBD1 sucks but oh well, I don't regret getting a full dyno tune, IMO the results are better than a hand held. I'll be getting it re-tuned after the new short block this spring too.

95gtpa

Established Member
so what is the purpose of the chip if you got it dyno tuned? Is it just like a safe basic tune to drive it around? Let me know man......thanks alot

95riosnake

Established Member
so what is the purpose of the chip if you got it dyno tuned? Is it just like a safe basic tune to drive it around? Let me know man......thanks alot

The chip is what the tune is programmed onto when they tune the car on the dyno. The chip plugs into your PCM.

When I pulled the computer to install the new SCT chip, I actually found that a previous owner had installed an old school hypertech chip...I had no idea lol

Last edited:

95gtpa

Established Member
So the chip could handle more than one tune also correct? So I could have a more aggressive tune and a mild tune.

firemedix911

Established Member
It depends on which chip you used but yes for the most part you can have more than one tune. Like for different fuel octane for example. The link that Timmons posted has very good info on it. Look at it.

95gtpa

Established Member
yes I did but 95riored and I have been talking on here and through PM......he has the exact chip as mentioned above.......but thanks

95riosnake

Established Member
The SCT 4 bank eliminator lets you choose from 5 tunes, I believe one setting is essentially "no tune" as if you were removing the tune from the vehicle though, so it is more like 4 custom tunes and a no tune setting.

I currently just have one tune on mine, but once the new motor is in I have some thoughts of a mild shot of n2o and might get a separate tune for it.

Here's a link to the SCT chip I have

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-bank-computer-chip.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread