1994-1995 5.0 idle issue

homer302

Banned
Alright, I have a strange one. I have a 94 5.0 GT with 157,000 miles on it. The first time this happened was last fall when I put a new BBK X-pipe on it. I had the front end way in the air on jack stands. After I finished, I started it to check for exhaust leaks and noticed it ran fine but would not idle at all. I dropped it off the stands and it has run fine for 9 months. This weekend I did a clutch R&R and again started it up to check for exhaust leaks while on stands and again, it won't idle. It doesn't surge or hunt for an idle at all. Let off the gas and it just drops straight to nothing. I dropped it off the stands and it idles fine. No issues at all? WTF? :shrug: What in the world would cause this? It has almost a half tank of gas but that couldn't be an issue anyway. If it was running out of gas it would die period whether you are on the gas or not. Out of gas is out of gas so it has to be something else????

I know this is minor it's just so bizzare that I had to see what you guys thought.

Users who are viewing this thread