1993 Taurus SHO Major Issues Most Likely

jerrysf

So I will try to explain this the best I can...I have a 93 Sho with auto tranny anyway my car when cold starts perfectly fine fires right up and runs great but when i shut it off and tried to start it not too long after with the engine still warm it would be very hard starting and would sound like it was backfiring out of the intake and sound like it was out of time but when i finally would get it started it ran great again but i noticed in park and neurtral when revving it would seem like the rev limiter would kick in at only around 4grand but when in gear and driving the thing would rev right out fine...anyway one day i was driving the car it just died out of nowhere going down the highway and when i tried to restart i would get nothing the engine would just crank over but would not fire in any way. I had it towed to my buddies garage and we tried replacing the crank position sensor and when we tried to start it up it cranked over fine for a bit but still without firing at all and then out of nowhere it just started turning over like the engine had no compression at all and sounded like it would just turn over freely...so i did a little more reading up and from some symptoms it sounds like it could have possibly been the cam position sensor but that wouldnt explain the engine turning over freely...or would it? i am at an impass right now as i just put 500 bucks into brake work and me and my buddies think the valves could possibly be shot and we re checked the timing belt and everything with that checked out...I really have no idea what to do at this point...i really dont know what it is and if its valves i really dont have the money for a valve job and im also really trying to avoid having to scrap it and take a huge loss so any input would be very greatly appreciated thanks

Users who are viewing this thread