1993 Radio no sound

1Root04Snake

Established Member
I recently purchased a 93 radio for my 93 Notch. When I installed the radio everything works except there is no sound at all.. I was told that it worked fine when purchased. I've checked fuses and of course made sure that the speakers were hooked up I even tried another amp with no luck. Is there something else I need to check or anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

The number on the side is F3ZF-19B132-AD.

Graffs

Established Member
You're using amps? Check your RCAs first. if they're fine then grab another SU and plug it in real quick to see if the system works. if it does then that deck is your culprit.

other than that check the signal wire to the amp (does the amp turn on?)

no2moro

Established Member
It is most likely a bad radio, if you changed out the amp and it still does not work.

The factory head units are bad from the start, just put in a nice aftermarket and bypass the amp.

1Root04Snake

Established Member
You're using amps? Check your RCAs first. if they're fine then grab another SU and plug it in real quick to see if the system works. if it does then that deck is your culprit.

other than that check the signal wire to the amp (does the amp turn on?)

93's Have the factory radio amp under the passenger seat it even has it's own special harness. I'm on the verge of giving up:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread