1993 Mustang Cobra Fuel Relay 4 prong of 5 prong?

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Do our 1993 Mustang Cobra's Fuel Pump Relays have 4 prongs or 5 prongs?

I am trying to replace my oem fuel pump relay since it will not shut off. So far I have not been able to locate this relay on my car. Since I am going to an auto part store today I was going to purchase it so I could save a trip. All help is greatly appreciated.

Randy
1993 Cobra #4424
Spercharged 306

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The fuel pump relay on a 92-93 Mustang is located under the Mass Air meter on the passenger side fender apron..... there will be two identical relays mounted side by side...one is for the fuel and the other relay is for the Air Cond. "wide open throttle" which deactivates the a/c clutch when WOT is reached.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Thanks for the info. Since my car is supercharged, do you think the fuel pump relay will be in the same place. After I get off work I will check and see if the relay is there.

Randy.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yes it will be in same place.... in front of the pass. strut tower on the fender apron just above the pass. frame rail.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
What gave you that idea....DUH! Pic is for reference.
Thats the same relay. An 80series relay. 87a. Thats what you're looking for. Yes its aftermarket but the same thing.

Last edited:

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I appreciate all of your help and references. I found a similar looking relay in the engine bay, it deffinitely was not in its original place. It was hanging loosely near the bottom of the car near the front of the engine . I am deffinitely going to secure the relay in a better place where it will have a less chance to get wet. I removed the relay last night and water was dripping out of it, I hope this is the problem. I found an aftermarket relay at advanced auto last night and I will change it out today. I will keep you all posted on the results. Thanks again for all of the help.

Randy #4424
Black Cobra
306 Supercharged.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Thanks for all of the help. My car finally started.

Thanks for all of the help. I finally got the car started :) . I appreciate all of the help.

Randy
#4424 Black Cobra
Supercharged 306.

Users who are viewing this thread