1993 mustang bogs under load! HELP!!!!

bgraiders323

Established Member
hey whats up guys, well im going nuts :mad: trying to fix this car!

Car is stock, only has a cold air intake

well long story short my car bogs under a load, at any rpm. but bogs more when i accelerate a little harder

fuel filter-new

fuel pressure with koeo 32psi
with engine running during accel 40psi

dizzy- good cond

TFI- new

timing tried 10*-16*

spark plugs tried bosch for some reason gapped to big, so bought some autolites AP25 gapped to .050

i checked for vaccum leaks found Nothing.

What can it be??

jamessims

Established Member
Most likely one bad injector !!! Had it happen to me last yr in my 91 went to a buddies house ripped his out and put them in mine and poof like magic my car was back to normal... I pulled out all my hair in the process... Smell the oil too on the dip stick wipe your finger across the stick and smell you finger...does it smell like gas??

clean93

Established Member
my 93 GT did the same thing 5 years ago. went through all the basic stuff and threw all new parts in it. car was bone stock except for a mac catback. went to a ford dealer to ask a tech . he said unplug the MAF sensor and drive it. i did it right in the parking lot and drove the car home. car ran perfect except for a funny idle but it pulled hard like it used to. replaced MAF sensor with OEM unit from NAPA. problem solved

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Sounds like a maf I had a bad one in my 90 model and it bogged down just like that. Unplug it and check it.

Users who are viewing this thread