1993 cobra trade question

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Ok I have been looking at a really nice black 93 cobra. He is asking 16k for it and is firm. He says he will get it. What do you think? Is it worth that much? Really clean car bone stock mines catback etc. I am thinking of seeing if he will trade for my 01 cobra. He says he just wants a newer mustang that he can put parts on. Gues he doesn't want to mess with his cobra.

delvin.a

Established Member
Mileage? Pictures? Interior color/material? If it's low low mileage and super clean and you want it sure pay 16k.

buddha93

Established Member
Overall condition and miles?

The more stock, the higher the price. Stock cat-backs are hard to come by. Prices as of late have seem to be going up, but there a relatively high number of black cars for sale in the market right now.

If the car has 20k on the odometer, is bone stock, and always stored, then I'd say it's worth $16k. Cloth interior is a bonus too. Anything else would be a guess.

WillyB93

Established Member
If you are questioning about what its worth, I would say look at some of the latest ebay auctions of black cars they are 16k plus depending on condition and options as explained earlier.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Sorry guys I went to snag the pictures and he sold it. Still looking for one. If you find one let me know. I have wanted a 93 cobra since they came out.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Thanks for all the heads up. I think there are a few out there for sale just not sure where to look for them? Any ideas besides ebay and autotrader? Any help is welcome. Thanks guys and gals if there are any on here.

hadler88

Established Member
i know a guy who has a black one absolutely mint condition roughly 8000 miles on it bone stock pretty sure its cloth with the grey interior. but i he told me it'd take $25000 for him to let it go.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Wow I am looking more around the 10k higher or lower range. Thanks for the heads up. Am I crazy to think I can find a good one for that price?

St8-E

Established Member
A lot of the members over on 1993cobra.com keep the for sale section VERY up-to-date:

Here's a direct link to the "1993 Cobra's For sale" section:

1993 Cobra Registry :: View Forum - 1993 Cobras for sale or wanted

Good luck in your search...I would say you could get a 93 for around 10K, but it will take some looking/luck...if there is a nice one that comes up for that low, it usually get scarffed up pretty quick...it's also a bad time right now to be looking for a cheap one, because it's Spring/Summer...

WillyB93

Established Member
I keep the for sale section up to date on the 1993cobra section! You just missed out on a one owner black on black 60k miles in Washington.

Hadler88 get me some information on that black car!

Last edited:

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Thanks guys for the help. I think I found one to trade my car for. A clean black 93 cobra. I will keep you up to date.

WillyB93

Established Member
Is it the one you were talking about at first here?? Or did you find another?? I am glad someone is finding the black cars!!

Mach&Roll

Established Member
No it is a different one. Is there a special number in the vin or letter that will mean it is a cobra? Just want a way to be able to double check. Thanks guys will get you more info on it when I go see it tomorrow or thurs. Dang rain here just won't stop. Neither of us want to take our cars out in the rain.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Hey guys cobra sold the first day it was listed. Guess it will happen when it is clean with low miles huh? Think I found the 93 cobra I am going to get as well.

Users who are viewing this thread