1993 Cobra Tail Light Lenses

93CobraMI

I cannot find tail light lenses for my 93 anywhere! I have looked all over. Only place is on ebay and I prefer not to do business over ebay. Could someone please help me? I need the right side lens but if I have to I will buy the set.

Lee

Established Member
Ebay is the only place I know of. I sure hope the aftermarket steps up to reproducing these.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Ebay is the only place I have seen them. Be prepared to shell out some $$$$, as a recent auction on ebay had a pair of lenses (housing and all) go for $520! Sad part is, I somone with a 93 the other day on a BBS somewhere say they were going to put Euro taillights on their car :xpl:

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
After someone tried to steal mine, i started checking everywhere. I found this one place that sells OEM parts. The had each side for (i think) $185. If you want i could try to find that place again.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Hey Blk 93 Snake if you can locate the source for the tail lights, let me know. I'd like to have an extra set. Thanks!!

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Black93Cobra
Hey Blk 93 Snake if you can locate the source for the tail lights, let me know. I'd like to have an extra set. Thanks!!

Sure thing, just let me talk to my buddie (i see him every night), hes a mechanic and told me wha tsite to go to for the lights (they even had them in stock). Ill try to remember to ask him tonight and post it either tonight or tomarrow. ;-)

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Some low-life backed into my 93 a couple of weeks ago causing minor damage. At least I thought so until I realized that the right tail light lens was shattered on the edge.

Let me know if you guys find any.

Snake_93

Established Member
You would think with such high demand for these tail lights that some company would be jumping at the chance to produce aftermarket lights that are exact copies of the 93 cobra lights :shrug:

Tank5879

Established Member
Try going to www.partsvoice.com and enter the part number E5ZZ-13450-B this is the part number for the right lens only. This locator shows the ford dealers in the country that have the part in stock and their contact info. as of 2 weeks ago, i tried to buy one from Holman Lincoln Mercury. They confirmed it was on the shelf, but couldn't sell it over the phone, so you may have to have your local dealer order it for you from them. their phone is 1-800-654-2950. I am trying to locate a left lens or assembly, so if anyone out there has a spare, please contact me.
Also, DCmustang on ebay has been selling this RH lenson ebay. THis part lists from ford for $198, so they are a good buy from him on ebay. Good luck!!
Bryan

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by love bandit2
I always thought that the '93 lenses were the same that were on the '86 mustangs.

They are very similar - seems like the 86 lenses don't have the horizontal pinstripes like the 93 lenses (please correct if I am wrong)...

93CobraMI

your right the stripes make the difference, that I know of. I was almost ready to buy some 86 lenses and pinstripe them myself. Thats why I wont buy cobra lenses off of ebay, cause I bet thats what some people have probably done.

redsvt

Banned
SVO lenses have the stripes as well. the difference is that the SVO stripes are black and the Cobra are charcoal. I have one new lense for a 93 Cobra left over from when I had mine. It is still in the ford box and I will take 200.00 for it.

Blaine

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra93MI
Thats why I wont buy cobra lenses off of ebay, cause I bet thats what some people have probably done.

A good way to avoid that would be to have them take a pic of the part numbers and then verify them.

Most of the time, the people will say that is what they have done.

Users who are viewing this thread