1993 5.0 Dyno numbers

BelvedereGTX

Banned
got my 5.0 dynoed and tuned today on a mustang dyno. im assuming thats why the hp numbers are low. give me some input. mods are in sig
278 hp
325 torque

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
considering it's a Mustang Dyno, I'd say the numbers are about spot-on for the Average Joe. Has it been really tuned & dialed in on a dyno, or have lots of tuning with track time? The torque numbers are pretty impressive, especially with it being a Mustang Dyno.

the only thing that seems odd to me is that it peaked at 5,122 rpms. that seems low with that TFS setup. Which cam did you use? And did you use Street Heat or Track Heat intake?

Last edited:

93 COBRA

Established Member
On a dynojet (many years and combinations ago) my LX made 315 rwhp w/ stock short block + H/C/I + long tubes and no cats. The heads were ported TFS TW, a extrude honed Cobra intake and it had a small Crower cam (I don't recall the grind).

I don't have the dyno graph anymore but I do remember the peak numbers were at about 6K.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
its the stage 1 cam and the street heat intake. the guy put a chip in it that he programmed with the sniper software. he pulled it out a few times to reprogram it. im new to tis dyno and tuning thing. my main concern was to keep the plugs from getting all sooted up

fred50stang

Established Member
Your car sounds great! I would suspect your combo should be good for at least 300hp and a little more tq. I dont know much about the sniper tuning software.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
its the stage 1 cam and the street heat intake. the guy put a chip in it that he programmed with the sniper software. he pulled it out a few times to reprogram it. im new to tis dyno and tuning thing. my main concern was to keep the plugs from getting all sooted up

Did you get an A/F readout when you got dyno'd? My old 5.0 with the same TFS Stage 1 cam, AFR 165 heads, and stock Cobra intake (which should peak LOWER than your TFS intake) peaked at 5,450.

I'd like to see an actual graph of your #'s to see if there's any flat spots at the top of the rpm band.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Did you get an A/F readout when you got dyno'd? My old 5.0 with the same TFS Stage 1 cam, AFR 165 heads, and stock Cobra intake (which should peak LOWER than your TFS intake) peaked at 5,450.

I'd like to see an actual graph of your #'s to see if there's any flat spots at the top of the rpm band.

i did get the graphs. i got the before graph but didnt get the after because i left it there by accident. ill get another copy. i could post the before though and ill do so later

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
My buddy's 95 with the same H/C/I and BBK equal length H pipe ,Flows ,Adj fpr, stock fuel systemand newer internals with unknown mileage and a Dynotune made 306 and 334 on the same Dyno as my car.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
My cousins old 93 gt with a 306 ci block, holley systemax upper/lower intake, cnc ported heads, e303 cam, and with everything else you have he made 310whp and 340tq on a dynojet. He ran 12.4's at 112mph with a 1.6 60' with 31 spline axles/diff. and Mickey T. drag radials. You would def come real close to 300+rwhp on a dyno jet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread