1992 mustang svo????

2004 REDFIRE

Established Member
please help me... i was looking at this mustang. this guy claims its a rare 1992 mustang svo. 8 cylinder automatic? i thought they stopped making them in 1986? he says no. it has the cowl hood with svo badges on it. did they also have a mustang gt bumper on these? or was something else stamped in the bumpers? he claims he has the apprasial papers to show its value. i just said i would get back to him.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
He's full of it. 86 was the last year for the svo, and they were all 4cyl turbo's. Now, if I remember correctly the performance parts division of ford branded their stuff svo for a while, but that doesn't make the car special.

The only special edition mustangs in 92 that I remember were the LX convertibles. The red/white combo, yellow/black, and triple white.

I'd go back, look at the car again and take pictures. Take pictures of his apprasal paper work too, then come back here and post it so we can all laugh.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Oh yeah, forgot about the ssp's...but they were all LX coupes I think. Please take pictures of this debacle and post them.

2004 REDFIRE

Established Member
if you look up the kbb or nada (cant remember which one) an option says it could have a v8 and a twisterII(?) thats the 86 or 85 svo"s

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sound like another lame tard trying to get some extra cash from people who are unfamiliar with these cars. I had to call a douche bag out once for claiming he had a 91' svt cobra, and also stated it wasn't a clone!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
actually wernt the capri's in canada called mustang cobras???

I don't know about the Capri's, but the Mustang GT's were called Mustang Cobra GT's or something to that effect. I forget the reason, and all the little details, but the Canadian GT's just had a cobra sticker on the rear hatch, and maybe some additional badging elsewhere, but were otherwise identical to the 87-93GT's we know here.

They weren't labeled as SVT anywhere though...93 was the first SVT vehicle.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
I don't know about the Capri's, but the Mustang GT's were called Mustang Cobra GT's or something to that effect. I forget the reason, and all the little details, but the Canadian GT's just had a cobra sticker on the rear hatch, and maybe some additional badging elsewhere, but were otherwise identical to the 87-93GT's we know here.

They weren't labeled as SVT anywhere though...93 was the first SVT vehicle.

some of the gts were titled as gt/cobra and some were not. i think ford had to use the name or they was gonna loose the rights to the name cobra i think

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

wheelhopper

Established Member
You guys forgot about the 7Up cars that never got used to promote 7Up. The emerald green LXs with white leather, white top, and GT turbine style wheels.

2004 REDFIRE

Established Member
heres the vin #1FACP42E0NF144523. on some vin checks it says 1992 mustang gt/8 cylinder. on another one it says 1992 mustang gt/cobra gt/8 cylinder. i dont want this car anyways i was looking for a guy i work with. hey guys look up nada on a 1986 and 1985 svo. look at what options you can check? v8..v6..4 cylinder...twister II. why would they have all that if svo were only 4 cylinder turbos?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
This remindes me of the salesman that tried to tell me he had a "police interceptor" with 300 hp..It was your run of the mill little coupe,that was stone stock...

Users who are viewing this thread