1991 Mustang 5.0 LX Vert

cbidwell

Established Member
Hello All,

Sad to do it but I want a COBRA!!! Selling my first car. This is a 1991 LX Vert that I purchased back in 2004. Up front, I am not in a hurry to sell the car. Car had 73k miles on it back in 04' and it was my everyday driver until May 2010 when I graduated and purchased a new car. Car is clean but it will need some TLC to get it back to perfect. Its a 20 year old car and it looks like it. After saying that, comparing it to other ones I feel as if mine is well worth the money. Car has been extremely reliable and never failed to start when the key was turned. This would make a great weekend car to get some ice cream in or if you want a sleeper, build it into one. The engine is 100% stock and has 150k miles on engine and chassis. The only major body flaw would be the hole in the front bumper. Hit a raccoon and 20 year old plastic doesn't like that. Only mods done to the car would be

-BBK o/r x-pipe
-Bassani BX Series Catback
-3.55 gears professionally installed with full bearing installation kit
-Flex fan (needed a quick fix at the time because it was everyday driver, car will come with an Proform electric fan that just needs to be installed)
-Brand New OEM brake all the way around, with upgraded drill/slotted front rotors
-Overdrive was rebuilt 3 years ago/ Valve body rebuilt 2 years ago
-Shocks and struts have around 4 years on them. They are KYB all the way around
-Upgraded door handles (steel instead of plastic)
-New u-joints have been installed
-BBK Fenderwell Intake
-Car comes with Gripp Caster/Camber plates. Still in the box.
-Still have the stock 2.73 gears on a shelf/ come with the car.

Asking $5,000 obo. Located in Indiana. Please text 765-491-2598 if you are interested or e-mail to [email protected]. I will get back to the text messages after 4:00 when I get off of work if it is during the week days.

Pictures of the car can be found on my Car Domain page. A lot of the pics were taken from when I first had the car. Go to the last page and I uploaded two pictures taken 3/22/2011 or within a day of that date.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1321570/1991-ford-mustang

WillyB93

Established Member
Well what year cobra are you looking for? I am not selling any just kinda wandering?

cbidwell

Established Member
Well it looks like you own both already hahaha. I would really like a 93 or 03-04. I would need to save up for sure, but those are the ideal cobra's that I am looking for. How do you like yours?

WillyB93

Established Member
I really enjoy my two cobras the 04 is the funnest overall, it is still bone stock with 700 miles. I really don't drive it too much but when I do it is a blast. The supercharger is just fun to drive and rip through the 6 speeds. I did grow up with the foxbodys so they will always be my favorite cars over all. That is why I am searching for the right black 1993 cobra to enjoy with my others.

cbidwell

Established Member
Sounds good DSG, just let me know. I am in now hurry. I will post if I sell it just in case. Willy, I can't wait until I get me a termi. It will probably take a lot of saving, but when the day comes, I will sure have a big smile on my face and enjoy it for sure.

WillyB93

Established Member
I bet you will then you will want to mod it up to see what you can get out of it. That is what my buddy's say I need to do, then I just give them the look like they are crazy!

cbidwell

Established Member
To be honest, I don't really know how much I will want to mod it. I have done minor things to my mustang and just the upgrade from an Auto 5.0 to a 6-speed 400hp car will be enough to hold me off for awhile I will hope ;)

WillyB93

Established Member
I would say so, I will always own a sports car that is a manual car. There is nothing like running through the gears at your own control.

WillyB93

Established Member
Man you still have that car??? I figured it would have sold by now!

cbidwell

Established Member
I guess there are only a few people that want a vert with an auto. Who knows. First person to offer $4000 takes it home. No lower.

Users who are viewing this thread