1991 5.0 GT Daily Driver...Head/Cam/Bolton Setup or Supercharger?

BlackMagicC5

Game Over
Established Member
My friend has a 1991 5.0 GT. It's a daily driver for him. He wants to do something big to it but doesn't know whats better suited for a daily driver. Which route should he go? I don't know much about it, what should I tell him? His current mods are:

-Coldair intake
-UPR O/R X
-Flows

Thanks.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Blower beats H/C/I any day; especially if its his DD. Easy to do; easy to maintain; retains stock driveability and will likely work out a tad cheaper.

Nutfield

Fear Not - Genesis 15:1
Established Member
+1 on the blower. I don't know about it being any cheaper. He is still going to need a bigger TB, MAF, injectors, fuel pump and a tune to get the most out of it.
The Kenne Bell 2.2L kit that I got for my 5.0 replaces the stock upper intake and it is a much simpler install than H/C/I.
The tourque and driveability are perfect for a DD.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I went h/c/i to get the motor out of the way and my cam has over .57x/56x lift at .050, and in town is not a problem untuned. If I went blower I would have made more power, came out about the same on price, and would have been easier to install but I would definetly have it tuned. Ed Curtis ground my cam and done an excellent job with it, the only bucking the car does is at very low rpm such as idling down the gravel driveway or almost bogging the car in gear from not downshifting. Were talking 1200rpm here. Takes no time to get up past 1500 with the 3.73s. Either way if installed right will serve you well, the blower will probably do better on gas and be an easier install.

BlackMagicC5

Game Over
Established Member
I went h/c/i to get the motor out of the way and my cam has over .57x/56x lift at .050, and in town is not a problem untuned. If I went blower I would have made more power, came out about the same on price, and would have been easier to install but I would definetly have it tuned. Ed Curtis ground my cam and done an excellent job with it, the only bucking the car does is at very low rpm such as idling down the gravel driveway or almost bogging the car in gear from not downshifting. Were talking 1200rpm here. Takes no time to get up past 1500 with the 3.73s. Either way if installed right will serve you well, the blower will probably do better on gas and be an easier install.

Cool, sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread