1989 Taurus SHO VERY clean in New England

TOZOVR

Established Member
1989 Taurus SHO VERY clean

OK guys...My vehicular ADD has kicked in and I have an opportunity to grab a crazy project. The upside of this being Vehicular ADD is that if the ol' gal stays, I'll be just as happy as if she goes.

Specs...

'89 Lt Titanium Metallic.
119k on car
109k on motor
50/50 interior
New Headliner and Solid sunshade
kumho excsta SPTs with under 1000 miles on black Gen III wheels
Yokohama Geolander 900s on slicers for winter
Poolice Grille
Supertrapp mufflers
75mm Cobra MAF
BBBs
XJ2 Computer with LPM
Intrax Springs (only front installed so far)
Subframe connectors
Aluminum Subframe Bushings
96+ Brake upgrade
Earls Stainless lines
Poly reinforced Engine/Tranny mounts
Pioneer CD Headunit XM ready
Plus Spoiler

To go with the car I have the following:
Rodshifter
Stock Grille with Yamaha emblem
'91 Plus Hood ready for paint
Stock '89 3.0 with 38k on it.
Tons of random parts

I bought the car from Chris in December and was stoked with how well he kept it up. It never saw winter until this year and it was washed once a week and garaged at night.

The Good: The car was very well maintained by Chris and intelligently modified. He bought the car from the original owner who had a rod bearing go. He bought it and installed the motor (This happened with 86k on the car...new motor was gone through and had 76k on it). New Clutch, all tranny seals etc. Car runs FAST.

The BBBs aren't here yet (likely here today) and I have a spanking clean intake to put them in (actually the intake from the motor with 38k...never have I seen such a clean intake LOL).

The bad...hmmm...not much. The clear coat on the plus spoiler is junky but it doesn't look awful. The Gen II wheels have slow leaks (Bead surface) Tires are 100% though. The Cable Shifter shifts nice but I'd do the rodshift out of princeple. One spot where the previous owner (before Chris I imagine) scratched up the front airdam (you can see in the pics).

IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

8.jpg

IMG_6395z.jpg

Asking $2900 oBo. Low ballers will be tarred and feathered :)

RJ
[email protected]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread