1989 Notch (Philly area) - $6200

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
CAR HAS BEEN SOLD AS OF 5/29/11

My dad just sold his '65 Cyclone, now I am getting rid of my Notch to aid in the "new" Shelby fund......

I have only had the car for several months and was thinking of doing a turbo kit, but would rather get rid of the car and help my old man out for a change....

1989 Mustang Notch - original 5.0/V8 car, NOT a conversion

* 110k miles on body, 10k on engine (rebuilt by previous owner)
* 306 c.i. w/ aluminum SVO GT40 heads
* E-303 camshaft, 1.6 roller rockers (lopey idle-sounds real healthy)
* custom Cobra intake manifold, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF
* Headers, h-pipe, and 2.5 Flowmaster exhaust
* MSD Digital 2-step ignition, wires, cap, rotor, & coil
* 75-125hp Zex dry nitrous kit w/ purge, bottle warmer, and window switch
* 24lb injectors, adj pressure regulator, Walbro 255 fuel pump
* Cobra aluminum driveshaft w/ safety loop
* World Class T-5 and Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
* 8.8 rear, upper/lower control arms, 31-spline Moser axles, girdle, 3.73s
* Hurst shifter, AM gauges, Hurst line-lock
* Weld Draglites w/ MT ET Street Radials (50% tread) and new skinnies
* very clean, original red interior w/ custom rear seat delete
* Optima battery in trunk & shut-off switch
* Maximum Motorsports s.s. brake lines, Hawk pads, larger calipers

Car runs in the high 12s @ 108 on the motor, although I have not yet sprayed the nitrous. Should run a mid 11 on the 125 shot around 118-120 mph. Very fun car to drive with great low-end torque.

This is a very clean and well-maintained Fox Mustang. However, the paint and weatherstripping show their age. It is a black car that is driven on the weekends, so it gets dirty and has some rock chips on the front bumper. If I was keeping it, I would put new weatherstripping all the way around, along with a new paint job. Nonetheless, I take the car to car cruises and the track, and always get compliments. However, I am a perfectionist with cars, so I would call the Mustang a "10 footer."

There is NO rust on the car, and has not been butchered like many Foxes for sale these days. Mechanically the car needs nothing right now, and is ready to spray at the track. Clean PA title in hand.

$6200 obo

pic4.gif

pic10.gif

engine.gif

DSC_1487.gif

Last edited:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
^ thanks for the kind words....my Dad has given me so much over the years, I figured that I could try to help him get the new Shelby he wants before he gets too old to drive one! lol

boatcop1

Established Member
^ thanks for the kind words....my Dad has given me so much over the years, I figured that I could try to help him get the new Shelby he wants before he gets too old to drive one! lol

Your pops is a lucky man. Good luck with the endevour. I'm assuming he's going to let you take it when you want after selling your notch?:poke::beer:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Your pops is a lucky man. Good luck with the endevour. I'm assuming he's going to let you take it when you want after selling your notch?:poke::beer:

thats what I asked him....being in med school I do not have much free time, but he said I can take it whenever I want...works for me!

redhatchyguy

Established Member
wow i wish i had the cash right now too.. i just got rid of a car payment so i can get some money together to buy something exactly like this... GLWS hopefully i can find something this beautiful when i go to buy a notch

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
What transmission and clutch? I have a friend that is very interested and will have cash in hand.

damn, I forgot to add that....World Class T-5 and Centerforce Dual Friction

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
car has been SOLD.....6200 bucks towards my old man's Shelby fund... :)

Users who are viewing this thread