1989 Mustang Coupe 408W

silver408coupe

Established Member
I may regret this later but it's for sale or trade. $17.5K

Here's the details.

Motor: 1974 block, Eagle forged crank and H beam rods, SRP pistons, Comp billet timing chain, CI custom solid roller cam, Romac SFI balancer, Clevite HP bearings. Canfield ported 192’s, Scorpion rockers with girdles, Ti retainers and keepers, Comp link bar lifters. Canton 7qt. fully baffled road race pan with trap doors. Canton windage tray. Edelbrock Super Victor, BG Mighty Demon 850. Aeromotive regulator and pump. MSD dist., coil and 6AL. CSR electric water pump and water neck. All ARP stainless polished 12pt fasteners throughout. Kooks 1 7/8" headers, 3" X pipe and 3.5" stainless Magnaflows. 3G alternator upgrade.

Transmission: TKO 600, RAM 900 clutch, MM clutch pedal height adjuster,clutch quadrant,firewall adjuster, Fidanza alum flywheel, MGW shifter and FMS alum driveshaft.

Front Suspension: Maximum Motorsports - CC plates, steering shaft, control arms, front coil overs, and Bilsteins. The K member is Team Z as I didn’t want to change the wheel base. Manual rack. Baer bumpsteer kit.

Rear End: Moser 31 spline 5 lug axles, Lightning carrier, North Race Cars rear disk conversion brackets, FMS rear girdle, 3.15 FMS rear gear. Maximum Motorsports - torque arm, panhard rod, extreme duty adj. lower rear control arms, torque arm rear springs and Bilsteins.

Brakes and Wheels: Baer Extreme Plus 6S kit- front 14” 2 piece rotors, 6 piston calipers and stainless lines. 95’ spindles and hubs. Rear is Baer 13” solid rotors with stock 95’ GT calipers and a Wilwood proportioning valve. MM manual brake pedal kit. Saleen repro 18x9 and 10's with Sumitumo tires.

Interior: Black conversion with new carpet, floor mats, headliner, sun visors, seat belts, package tray and door panels. Custom suede inserts for doors. The plastics were dyed black. Kirkey Pro Street seats with tweed covers and custom Rigid Race Cars Fox body alum. mounts. Painless ashtray switch panel for water and fuel pump, fan and nitrous purge. Momo suede steering wheel on tilt column. Autometer Ultralight II speedo, oil and fuel psi in custom dash panel. 5” monster tach. Water temp and nitrous psi in A/C vent. Innovative Motorsports LC1 wideband air/fuel gauge in glovebox. Even though the car has a gauge and purge button, it does NOT have nitrous. I added sound deadening to floors, roof and doors. .032 aluminum rear firewall behind seat.

Misc; subframe connectors, 10gal. fuel cell in the trunk with a Optima red top in a custom bracket. Custom fasteners under hood, Redline hood lifts, HO Fibertrends 2.5” cowl hood. Cervini’s Saleen type airdam. New BASF paintjob (Titanium Frost). Smoothed inner fenders and cowl. New heater core and A/C condensor. Neither work yet.

There is still more to list but this gives you the idea of the caliber of car this is. I tried to buy quality products that would compliment each other. A single pull on a Mustang dyno with no tuning resulted in 515 RWHP. This is a pump gas motor. A trip this past March to the Texas Mile resulted in a best of 176.6MPH. No traction until the middle of 3rd and I came off the throttle between ¾ and 1mi. due to a bit of nervousness. I got back in it but it was enough to kill some MPH. 180 is definitely possible. This was all motor! Look up "Texas Mile March 2012 82" for a video of the pass on you tube. The first number is the half mile speed, then a few seconds later the top speed shows up.

Please feel free to PM any questions or call 281-619-4319. You can also e-mail me at [email protected]. If something does not suit your taste please do not comment on this thread. Pics to come. Thank you.

silver408coupe

Established Member
9e9cd9c4.jpg

548d62bf.jpg

f222bc64.jpg

bf0b5cdf.jpg

a5ade257.jpg

Last edited:

silver408coupe

Established Member
306faf08.jpg

Excuse the trunk. I am going to work on it. I am disgusted I have let it look like that for so long.
39f2d657.jpg

Last edited:

lwshack

Established Member
Sweet ride. Wish you were closer. I'd try to work out something on my '02 GT w/ 4V swap and T-Trim. GLWS.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Man i would love to have this car.... I thought about offering to trade my car but i just cant do it. Want a 9 month pregnant ol lady? Shes mean as hell but other than that shes great!

paintless302

Established Member
what an absolutely beautiful notch. same serious $$$ parts in that thing, someone will get a hell of a car

silver408coupe

Established Member
2001snake-I'd consider your Cobra. Got a wife and 2 kids of my own, LOL.

Paintless- Thank you, I've done just about everything myself over the last 14yrs.

Lwshack- Nice car but I think I'm still set on a Cobra.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Damn if you lived closer i would trade you for my 615rwhp 2001 gt

RANGER219

Established Member
How about a 2001 Lightning with 34000 miles. BBK shorties, cat back, mid pipes, JLP intake, ACUFAB SBTB, SCT Tuner and some other minor things. Tuned by your very own PSI.

Users who are viewing this thread