1989 5.0 coupe, make offer

lafeva

Established Member
The car is a 1989 Bright Regatta Blue mustang coupe. 162K miles, Original 5.0, 5spd car. The interior is opal grey. Don't be afraid to make an an offer.

**EDIT9/9: I AM KEEPING THE CAR UNLESS I GET A VERY GOOD OFFER. **

**EDIT 8/29/11 CAR WAS INVOLVED IN A FRONT END COLLISION. IT IS SAVABLE, I KNOW FOR SURE IT WILL NEED A RADIATOR, RADIATOR SUPPORT, FAN, FAN SHROUD, FAN CLUTCH, FRONT BUMPER, HOOD AND FENDERS. MAKE AN OFFER ON THE CAR. IF I HAVE IT FOR A FEW WEEKS WITH NO INTEREST IM JUST GOING TO SAVE IT MYSELF. **

The car is BONE STOCK, even has the stock radio which works great. It was recently purchased(by me) from the original owner who was in his mid 50s which means the car was always adult owned and NEVER abused. The previous owner was ocd about keeping everything as original and as stock as he could. To go with the car, i have boxes full of original parts from the car such as random sensors, fan, plug wires, floor mats and random trim pieces, etc.

It was repainted about 10 yrs ago and the paint still looks great. The car drives like a dream, ive driven it just about everyday since i purchased it without any real issues. The only issues with the car are the a/c does not work, heater core was leaking(currently bypassed), drivers door sags, gas gauge does not work and occasionally the trans will kick u out of second gear ONLY when down shifting and it is ONLY occasionally as in, it has happened to me only once in the past two weeks. And on the front fenders there is a spot where it appears something was spilled and ate through the clear coat and paint.(small water drop sized spots) i will take pictures of that up close.

Has all matching vin tags, never been wrecked. the doors open easily, ash tray lid is not broken, map light works and its been averaging almost 20 mpg for me!

Willing to trade in part for sn95 parts. mainly looking for a centrifugal supercharger, drag wheels, drag suspension. and i am possibly willing to trade both of my cars(this fox and my 97 cobra) for the right car, which includes ONLY niiice nice foxes(clean and FAST) or a clean terminator.

heres the link to pics, car is located in northern va, NO SHIPPING, PAYMENTS, ETC.

Flickr: lafevac's Photostream

Last edited:

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
this is my buddys car and i can attest to how clean it is. im pretty sure the sagging door is just a typical fox thing but its really not bad at all, it still opens and closes no problem and is most likely easily adjusted.

lafeva

Established Member
thanks guys! and i believe the issue with the door is the bottom hinge bushing is shot, ill take a closer look tomorrow and let u know for sure.

VIN:1FABP40E9KF258613

i also forgot to mention that in the past 2000 miles its gotten new valve cover gaskets, iac, maf, fan, belt and alignment.

04spinbra

Established Member
thanks guys! and i believe the issue with the door is the bottom hinge bushing is shot, ill take a closer look tomorrow and let u know for sure.

VIN:1FABP40E9KF258613

i also forgot to mention that in the past 2000 miles its gotten new valve cover gaskets, iac, maf, fan, belt and alignment.

Yeah I'm not worried about the door just was woundering!:beer:

lafeva

Established Member
Haha its all good. And it is the the bushing around the bottom pin that is shot. Im planning on fixing that and some of the other little things if it doesn't sell soon.

lafeva

Established Member
Im in leesburg. and my plan when i got it was to sell the cobra then dump the money into this, but after thinking about it and watching the market for sn95's i wouldnt get nearr what i want out of it, you have to pretty much give them away now a days. plus i just put a built trans in my cobra and an mmr intake manifold(meant for a supercharger) on recently. so ive decided to sell this one and buy a supercharger for the sn.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
What a bummer hope the damage was not to bad.

thanks bud. it doesnt appear too great:/ ill look closer tomorrow, its getting towed to my shop. if it is at all savable im gonna save it, its really a shame such a clean, original car had to have this happen to it:(

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
How 'bout you post up some pics of the car the way it currently sits?

lafeva

Established Member
updated the link with a pic. that side is much worse than the drivers side. only the front of the drivers side fender is dented, it didnt buckle like this one. no visible frame damage.

Users who are viewing this thread