1988 ASC McLaren Mustang Value - Worth it?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
There is a local 1988 ASC McLaren being sold on one of those local Facebook For Sale pages.

Lady originally listed in back in April for $12,000 due to their family needing to move out of state or something of that nature.

Has 33,000 original miles and appears to be very clean and original.

Shes been dropping he price occasionally but it doesn't seem anyone local is interested and doesn't appear from our chatting she's involved in any forums or attempting to sell online. Today she bumped the post with a new price of $4500.

I see many Mustang GT fox bodies listed for upwards of 6-8000 with much higher mileage and I'd gather this should probably compete price wise and be even more rare, but I'm not sure exactly what type of market these have and if they're worth it.

Is it a good deal to drive and enjoy or is an excellent deal to flip when spring hits for 6-8-10000? That seems to be what the ASC McLaren forums guys are listing as, but they might have a bias and not sure if they're actually selling near 8000 - just now researching that niche market.

view

view

view

Here's some pics on my GDrive account. Having trouble using the IMG tags and I'm on my cell. Hope it works.

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B7CZCLspTv_XbzRBWVlqczB5eHc/edit

Thanks

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
That's a very good price. From what Ive noticed there really isn't a collector market for these cars just yet(if ever). I'd drive the heck out of it since you do not see too many of these cruising around.

Users who are viewing this thread