1988 ASC McLaren, Less than 18K Miles!

robertlyons

Established Member
1988 ASC McLaren, Azura Blue with blue interior and top, 5-Speed tranny, 17+K miles. Mods in the interior include a 140 MPH speedo (set to correct mileage by PPI, original 85 MPH speedo available), dead pedal, Hurst short throw shifter, doors lined with Dynamat and 2000 Mustang stereo system (cassette and separate CD, with Blaupunkt and Pioneer speakers). Header bow weatherstrip and driver’s door weatherstrip replaced, instrument lens replaced, all broken parts replaced, horn button repaired. All electrical pieces work. Issues remaining: driver’s seat belt doesn’t retract fully, driver’s side visor mirror needs to be replaced, new seat belt sleeves need to be dyed and installed.

Top is original and showing wear in the corners where the tonneau pinches if not closed correctly. Otherwise, it is in very good condition.

Tires are Cooper Cobras in very good condition; rims are presentable 5-footers. Graphite impregnated urethane bushings installed on the struts, steering rack and sway bar. New tie rod ends installed. Struts and shocks are Koni double adjustables. Brake system has been flushed and rubber lines replaced with braided steel. Rubber caliper bushings replaced with Steeda steel inserts.

Underside of car is clean. All factory ASC bracing is in place.

Engine compartment is clean but “not detailed”. Synthetics used in engine, transmission and rear end. Ceramic coated 1 5/8” short tube unequal length headers, cat X-pipe and Borla stainless cat back replace the exhaust system. Ford Motorsport aluminum driveshaft replaces the original. Otherwise drivetrain is stock.

Paint on tonneau cover is slightly faded. Hood has what looks like acid rain damage (I’m told it can be buffed out). Previous owners have touched the corners of the car, so there is some paint cracking. The driver’s side door window molding is peeling, telling me it was reshot sometime in the past.

Overall, the car can win at local shows. Car has all the rare and expensive ASC McLaren parts. Issues are as noted. $11,000 as the car sits, less the Koni DA’s and driveshaft (stock parts will be installed). All stock parts removed (except speakers, didn’t get them when I bought the car) are available for extra. All stock pieces can be reinstalled on the car if desired.

I reserve the right to regain my sanity and keep the car at a moments notice.

Please e-mail Bob at [email protected] or PM me if interested and for photos.

robertlyons

Established Member
OK guys, how 'bout this?

For this week, $10K for the McLaren as it sits less only the Konis (still need them as race backups for my 93 CObra) AND all the removed stock pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread