1987 Notchback, SSP, 331

87SSP

Throwing out there my 1987 Mustang,former flordia state police car. I would label it as a street/strip car. I picked it up in trade a year ago and have since done more upgrades. I was told the engine had 300 miles on it when i picked it up which I would have to say is true. I have drivin it since only nice days and put about 1500-2000 miles on it myself. Its in pretty good shape and wasnt completely cut up. All the interior is there and in good shape less the usual broke ashtray door/cover and a small crack in the drivers side door speaker cover. But It was heading towards being a drag car at some time seeing the Heat and air has all been removed as well as stereo and speakers. Also when the Fuel injection went away someone did some cutting to clean up the bay. as a result the factory dash cluster gauges are not workin, only the speedometer as its cable drivin. the dash lights work so night driving is no issue. I have put in all Autometer gauges for the INOP gauges. I had planned to get them working again but never found a cheap enough donor car. All The External lights work, Headlights/turn signals/brakes. Wipers also still work.

To List the good stuff/mods..

Engine is a 331 Stroker
Scat rotating assembly
SRP Forged flat top pistons
TCI Flexplate
Deep sump pan
Comp Cams Hyd roller stroker cam
New Ford racing Hydraulic roller lifters
Hardened pushrods
Procomp 220cc heads 2.02/1.60 valves
Aluminum roller rockers
Parker funnel web intake
Quick Fuel 650CFM carb
MSD pro-billet Dist, MSD Wires
Long Tube Headers to a 3" Stainless exhaust with H-pipe, Pypes Stainless Steel Mufflers with dumps. Also Have 3" flowmaster tail pipe kit for the car Most all ARP fastners
Aluminum Radiator with electric fan
CSR Electric water pump
Only an alternator is drawn off the engine.
Manual steering/caped off power rack.

Transmission/Drivetrain

PA Performance Automatic C4
3800 Nitrous Convertor
Stef's Fabrication deep pan
Hurst Quater stick
FWD Pattern Manual Valve body
Transbrake
-6AN braided lines to a trans cooler
3" Aluminum Driveshaft

Rear
Built 8.8
4.10 Gears
Big 33 Spline Star Flanged Axles
Spool
C-Clip Eliminators
5/8" studs
Ultimate 8.8 Rear girdle and back Brace
Also have the factory 8.8 To go with the car if desired or has not sold by time of sale. I have it listed seperate. it is a 8.8 28 spline posi with ford racing 3.73's

Chassis
Welded in subframe connectors
Tublar upper and lower rear control arms
Strange Rear coil over setup, weld in kit. this setup is currently installed which interfered with the tail pipes so i unbolted/removed them and put the turn downs (dumps) on, the starnge shocks can be unbolted and replaced with all the factory suspension if desired in which the tail pipes can be put back on.
The car still retains factory power brakes but has all new 5 Lug Aerospace Disc brakes, 4 piston Calipers, on all 4 corners of the car.
Brand new Big 93 Cobra brake booster and 93 cobra master.
Wilwood Adjustable rear Brake valve
Russel Braided Brake lines,
3" fiberglass hinged cowl hood,
new clear 6 peice headlamps
Weld Draglites, 15x8" in the back with 28x11.50 MT ET Streets
Battery is relocated to the trunk, Flaming river disconect switch in the truck by the box. For a street car i didnt want it exposed or have to drill any holes. From There I rewired up the Fuelpump,Fan, and water pump right with Relays and circuit breakers.
I Installed a Nitrous system which is wired up right as well with relay and a MSD Timing retard box Triggered off the WOT switch. jets and timing pills for 100 and 150 shot. I have hit it with the 100 shot a few times and it responds very well!
I have only drivin it on the street to work and back roughly 30 miles each way. So i have no Track times or dyno slips. I have considered a track day as i know it could help its sale but have a strong suspesion I wont be staying long with no cage on a nitrous pass. :coolman:

The Bad/gripes/need to know

The paint is pretty good and gets alot of compliments but isnt a show car, there are small dings here and there and a chiped spot on the rear bumper cover shown below. Also a few of the front fender moldings were missing when the car was sprayed.

As mentioned above, No heat/Air/ or tunes. Inop gauges in the dash.

The passenger side window has a roller off the track. the window will go down but roll fwd at the same time and has to be guided by hand. I drove it alone most the time so i just kept it up.

The C4 Transmission has a weird issue i could never get a solid answer on for a fix. Im mainly guessing Its valve body related stuck plunger from sitting or something.. But reverse will not work by soley linkage alone.. You must place the shifter in reverse and hit and hold the transbrake button then your moving ;O I lived with the issue but could stand to be figured out. Wasnt worth a pan drop to me till i was sure of the fix.

Car was originaly a 5 speed so it still has a small brake pedal.

Pictures

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

Paint chip on bumper vv
IMG_5599.jpg

I am looking to get into a 2003-2004 Cobra. So i am looking to let this one go to put some more $ towards one. I would also be willing to trade this towards a cobra as well if anyone would have that interest we can talk. The more stock the better.. willing to sacrifice speed for heat and air :p I am very reasonable and fair and I am not expecting to get into a cobra for free! Just thought i would throw it out here as it sits as of today first before I consider spending anymore money on it to fixing the fox's fault list.

If anyone is intrested feel free to make me an offer. I will also answer any other questions or get more pics. Thank you. - Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread