1987 5.0 1500.00

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
Well i just could not pass this one up

Auto,mac headers,flow master's, trans kit,
55,000 miles on the rebuilt engine and trans 3:55's Ice cold A/C mostly new,
Gt interior that needs help minus the head rest, all new weather stripping and door seals,metal door handles new brakes all around,complete neoprene
bushings new oem 6 piece lights, the list goes on..still could use a lot more work...its not perfect but a good start for 1500.00 but drives great and tight plus new rack as well

This car belonged to a certified ford mechanic in central Florida
for the last 10 or so years as a daily driver so it was filthy
so i spent all day cleaning her up:beer:
inside ill do tomorrow

Picture131.gif

Picture130.jpg

Picture129.gif

Picture128.gif

Picture115.gif

Picture116.gif

Picture110-1.gif

Picture111.gif

Picture108-1.gif

Picture109-1.gif

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
looks good
i paid 2500 for my 87 GT 5-speed. only problems i've had is 2 busted freeze plugs.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
nice, id have picked that up for 1500. harly ever see any here, they must have rotted away up north here

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Basically just going to bring it back together in the lines of
stock look and a little more performance..but needs a little more hp but not much for me

Any ideas with out going over board (CHEAP MODS)
but really want to put the money in cosmetics:beer:

Basic bolt ons. You got some covered already. I would lower it, 5 lug and add some nice rims.

5point0guy

Established Member
That's a really good deal, I wouldn't have passed it up either. The roof looks just like mine. Damn, I hate fading paint.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
That's a really good deal, I wouldn't have passed it up either. The roof looks just like mine. Damn, I hate fading paint.

yea whats up with that.. the whole top of the car is like this...time to two tone it...lol :dw:

plus i need two small pieces of side molding thats missing...any ideas where to get them

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i'd paint the molding red to match the whole car.

u live in florida... theres U-pull-it junkyards everywhere.. just find out what u need and get the stuff u need for the 5lug swap. i was gonna do it but changed my mind, my rims have centercaps that hide the lugnuts anyway.

i just bought some Centerline Hammer rims for 100 off a friend. they're a good 4lug rim

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
Get lincoln mark8 set up in the front and ford ranger set up in the rear, cheap five lug conversion. I think for the rear you get two left side axels from a ranger though if im not mistaken.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
just spring for the 'budget 5 lug swap' from latemodel restoration. you might save some money going around to junkyards, but do you really want to spend the necessary time to locate the items and hang around the people that frequent junk yards??

the latemodel 5 lug swap is cheap

Users who are viewing this thread