1986 Nevada Highway Patrol SSP Coupe

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Considering selling my 1986 Nevada Highway Patrol mustang SSP. 1 of 10 NHP used in 1986. It's the only 86 NHP known to still exist in the country. Only the second 4 eye NHP in the country. 1 85 and this 86. Nevada buck tag still there.

I have too many projects at the moment. I'm not looking to make money on this car. Asking what I have in it. I want it to go to someone that would give it the restoration it deserves. I bought it at the first of the year, drove it on the trailer and back off and into inside storage awaiting restoration. It runs and drives, frame rails, shock towers are straight as an arrow, floorboards are good etc. No rust issues. Just a little surface rust here and there where the original paint is thin. It still wears it's faded original dark shadow blue paint with double bar sticker remnants still on insides of both doors. Still has whip antenna hole in quarter and spotlight holes on both A pillars. Interior needs to be redone. Door panels are surprisingly good though. It just needs to be restored and put back to its former glory.

Mike Stapleton of NHPcars.com knows this car and helped me research it. We 'think' it's Unit #289 out of HQ Region/Carson City. I also have 2 correct NOS spotlights and brackets, 4 almost new correct steelie wheels and an almost new correct Regency 100 Scanner that can go with it for extra.

$4000 as is or $4500 with additional equipment. Deluxe Marti Report included with extra door sticker. Located just outside Birmingham, AL

If interested, I can text or email some pics since I can't seem to get them to upload here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread