1986 mustang lx project

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Just picked this up recently to start working on. It's a 4 cyl can't wait to start tearing it apart. I plan on an engine swap just haven't made my mind up yet whether I want to hunt down an 03/04 cobra motor or go the coyote route. Also thinking about doing an IRS swap. One thing i've been looking for since I got it though is the a new front bumper cover/hood, so I can put the four eyes back on this badboy. The guy I bought it from put the later model fox front end on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/renofiveo/sets/72157627437308204/

Last edited:

2blown

Established Member
nice project, I'm starting something similar soon as well. May be using a '79 Pace car though...

Reno Five-O

Established Member
That's awesome i've been searching nonstop for parts online thinking about hitting up some of the local salvage yards here this week to try to find some of the things I need.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Anything I can find that'll help me piece it back together, I am in desperate need of a full center console. Do you have any information?

2blown

Established Member
I know that there is not too much locally bro. If you are looking into fiberglass hoods and spoilers I can help out there.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
I know that there is not too much locally bro. If you are looking into fiberglass hoods and spoilers I can help out there.

Alright I'll keep that in mind I know I'm going to need a new hood once I lock down a new front end for it. I saw you mention me in the other post about the guy with the 80 mustang appreciate that brother.

Users who are viewing this thread