1986 Mustang GT/race ready!!!!!!!!

blnpny

Banned
1986 Mustang GT, garage kept, adult owned, believed to be original paint job, never wrecked to my knowledge. Car is completely rust free, doors opens and closes perfect, rear hatch has new shocks and seal, also opens and closes perfect. This has been my project for the last 2 years, car was built to go straight. I have made 6 passes with this car, my worst time was a 12.30 at 113 mph and best was 2-runs back to back at 12.00 flat at 117 mph with a 1.60 foot time. I consider myself an average driver, I wanted a good 11 second street car without gas and with a good driver, should be no problem. My plans called for a 250 shot of nitrous.Car is set up perfect. All work on drivetrain was done by Performance Unlimited. Car weighs in 2900 lbs. All lights work except for fog lights. No windshield wipers. I have plenty of pics of undercarriage and video of passes at local dragway. E-mail if you would like to see. Car has power door locks and windows, all work great, but needs new rubber seals on door windows (the piece at the bottom of the window). Car has never been street raced and the wiring under the hood is hidden and the wiring for the inside of the car is piece of art, you really have to see to appreciate. No shortcuts were taking in the wiring of this car. Alot of parts went into this car, can’t remember all, I know well over $25000 in parts, car and countless hours of labor. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Please feel free to call about looking at car .
The only thing to my knowledge that this car needs is a manual steering rack, still has original rack that was made for power steering.

I have a baby on the way, 2 months before my life changes “everybody knows how the story goes”. I really hate to part with the car but baby is more important right now.

· 351-GT40 385 hp crate motor W/Z303 cam/APR head studs/Pete Jackson gear drive, less than 2000 miles and 6 passes on motor

· Pro System 780 carburetor

· Total MSD ignition (distributor, digital 6+ box, blaster HVC coil and wires)

· CSR water pump

· Fluidyne radiator

· Tremec 3550 5-speed transmission

· Ford racing clutch kit

· Ford racing aluminum driveshaft with loop

· Hurst shifter

· Strange axles

· Strange light weight pro race spool

· Ford racing 4:30 gears

· Auto Meter gauges ($1200 just in gauges)

· Kirkey racing seats/5 point harnesses

· Holley fuel pump

· BG Fuel Filter

· Dry cell battery (in the rear with kill switch in gas door)

· Grant Steering Wheel

· Mickey Thompson ET streets 28x10.5x15

· Weld wheels 15x3.5 F 15x8 R

· Heddman full equal length headers 1 7/8

· 3” exhaust with X-pipe

· Spin Tech mufflers with turn downs

· Moroso blue fuel lines

· K&N air filter

· Fiberglass hood

· 8 point roll bar system (welded in car)

· Pro Master 1 wire alternator

· Trick flow value covers

· APR intake and header bolts

· 15 gallon fuel cell with sender unit

· New dash pad

· Lakewood drag shocks

· Coilovers up front

On a scale of 1 to 10

Body - 8

Paint – 6 (paint not bad, scratches here and there, maybe 2 or 3 small dents, paint was last on my to do list, but like I said I believe this is the original paint)

Motor – 9

Transmission – 9 (Less than 500 on new trans, clutch and pressure plate)

Rearend – 9 (Adjustable upper and lower control arms and axle tubes welded)

Tires – 8 (Less than 200 miles on rear and 6 passes)

Wheels – 9 (Almost perfect)

T-tops and seals – 9 (T-tops are still in great condition and functional)

Power Brakes – 8

I have described this car to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions by phone (478-808-9444 between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm eastern time) or by [email protected] $10000.00 takes it. thanks for looking.

86%20GT.JPG

351.JPG

side.JPG

inside.JPG

Copy%20of%20DSC00308.JPG

Copy%20of%20DSC00315.JPG

Last edited:

orange2004cobra

Established Member
For those that are curious, this a very fast, well built car..
I rode in it to Waffle House the other weekend, and let me just say that It was as sweet as the sugar in my tea.....
I have know the owner personally for quite some time now, and I KNOW that everything that has been done to this car has been DONE RIGHT...
No shortcuts on this car..
He has put more into this car the last 3 months than I have made at my job...
You can buy this ride with no worries..
This is a no apologies sale, I guarantee..
It is nicer than the pictures you see..
Truly , I would say, the nicest 86 gt you will find anywhere, BAR NONE...
If you know your mustangs as well as most on this site think they do, then you know how much MONEY is in this car...
This car oozes more money than a cut on Bill Gates wallet..
If you buy her, take care of her, because the current owner sure has...
L.

Users who are viewing this thread