1986 5 lug conv. alignment issue

stevo1986

Established Member
Ive got an 86 gt on which i recently did a 5 lug conversion. Everything went fine but the camber is way out. The camber plates have been adjusted all the way in but the camber is still off. The tires wear on the outer edges, Ive read about other people doing this and having no problems. I used front spindles from a 94 mustang. Anyone had this issue before? I was thinking if the shocks/struts are different from 86 to 94 that could throw it off. Advice?

Last edited:

stevo1986

Established Member
Because of the wear on the tires, even by looking at it you can tell its off. I had the toe set after i did the conversion and adjusted the camber myself, even with the camber adjusted all the way in the wheels are still out.

trendkilllx

Established Member
I've been told that 86 k members sit a arms in by 1/2". I believe you can correct your problem by running 99-04 A arms. They are about 1.25" longer and should give you negative camber. If you go with the longer A arms you will also most likely need to replace your inner and outter Tierod ends with some longer ones from a 94-95.

Last edited:

stevo1986

Established Member
I've been told that 86 k members sit a arms in by 1/2". I believe you can correct your problem by running 99-04 A arms. They are about 1.25" longer and should give you negative camber. If you go with the longer A arms you will also most likely need to replace your inner and outter Tierod ends with some longer ones from a 94-95.

Wow thanks for the info, that makes sense, is that going to widen the track of the front tires though?

stevo1986

Established Member
You could also swap out the K-member for a 87-93. I would search on the corral forum and see what others have done.

I looked into that link you showed me that told pretty much everything i wanted to know, great infromation. I think im just gonna do something with the camber plates and make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread