1983 F-150 351W needs help

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I own a 83 F-150 with a 351W 5.8l with variable venturi carb with c-6 auto, i want to switch over to 4bbl carb/intake/ headers etc for better pulling power and drivability . Has anyone here done this conversion or know of anyone who has ? It has a unique distributor also so i would need to know what distributor was used and ignition system etc. I also will be switching to a serpentine belt system using ford racing 351w engine swap accessory drive kit and 85-93 mustang 5-liter accessory brackets .

FORDINATOR

boost is your friend
Established Member
the swap is dead easy, trow away all the computer crap (i think its under the drivers seat on them) hook up a simple duraspark II iginition setup and your rockin. as for the brakets im not sure what all comes in the kit, but all you really need is the 5.0 brakets and the one steel motorsport braket, i ended up making a braket for the back wich made the whole works work the way it does on the 5.0 i also bobbed off the emision pump mount. ill post some pics when i get a chance.

FORDINATOR

boost is your friend
Established Member
while i dont own one right now ive owned many, i do still own a 1980. im still trying to didg up a pic of the belt setup, i just did it on my buddies stang and it works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread