1982 Granada with Koeniggsegg engine! Build

silverbullittgt

The DEep SoUth
Established Member
Corsa Sport - for Vauxhall, Opel and Holden Corsa and Barina

DSC04478.jpg

Some crazy guy from Norway. Lots of nice fabrication, although I don't see the koeniggsegg engine, Maybe he is using just the shortblock? but he does have the carbon fiber valve covers...

hope it's not a repost enjoy!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Um, that's a 4V mod motor. Sick build nonetheless.
the CC and CC8S used a ford sourced block(20 over to 4.7l) and heads with custom koenigsegg internals, and a centrifugal supercharger(pic HERE. the '04 CCR switched to a lysholm twin screw. the '05 CCR switched to twin centrifugal superchargers. the '06 CCX switched to a koenigsegg designed block. the '09 'koenigsegg edition' CCX and CCXR cars are bored to 5.0l.

'98-'05 CC cars used ford sourced heads and block, while the '06 CC cars use only ford sourced heads with a koenigsegg block based on ford architecture.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
the CC and CC8S used a ford sourced block(20 over to 4.7l) and heads with custom koenigsegg internals, and a centrifugal supercharger(pic HERE. the '04 CCR switched to a lysholm twin screw. the '05 CCR switched to twin centrifugal superchargers. the '06 CCX switched to a koenigsegg designed block. the '09 'koenigsegg edition' CCX and CCXR cars are bored to 5.0l.

'98-'05 CC cars used ford sourced heads and block, while the '06 CC cars use only ford sourced heads with a koenigsegg block based on ford architecture.

I don't know where you get your info, but it sounds legit. I had a feeling they still used ford architecture despite all the morons on the internet saying its all 'Koenigsegg designed!11!!1!!!!1'

links432

Established Member
That is impressive, I partially hoped that it was an American Granada. Either way I now know that no matter what I do to my Granada it will never be that awesome.

Nick

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I don't know where you get your info, but it sounds legit. I had a feeling they still used ford architecture despite all the morons on the internet saying its all 'Koenigsegg designed!11!!1!!!!1'
yep, no different then any other aftermarket block, such as a brodix SBC block. they're just pissed off that a lowely ford V8 is being used in one of the most amazing cars in the world.

koenigsegg initally used a modified 4.6l(same as the CC/CC8S) for the prototype car, so volvo(being owned by ford) began giving them access to some higher end R&D/production stuff since they are both HQ'd in sweden. this of course got them an inside track for the mod motor. i'm curious how the politics are gonna work out now, since koenigsegg now owns SAAB.

5point0guy

Established Member
Yeah? Wow I did not know that. Who would have thought a little 4.6 could power one of the fastest cars in the world. I'm an idiot.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dude... the turbos are bigger than the clutch.

(he bought a steeda diff brace... too bad nobody told him about Billetflow and FORE)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread