1970 Mach 1 ready for Mustang Week

Regulars520

Established Member
Well I have finally pretty much finished up my 70 mach. I traded my 90 331 500hp fox body for this 70 Mach 1 last june. it was a bare bones stripped down mach 1. Had most of the parts in boxes. Well from then to now after blood sweat and tears I have it for the most part done. I did all the interior in black, reupholstering the seats was a chore. I decided to go with a 395 stroker instead of the original 351. I have it rebuilt and stored. Yesterday i put the car on the dyno with the 395 and well at 5200 and 340hp my fuel pump ran dry and dropped off like a rock. It was only flowing 35 gph. So I ordered a new 140gph and plan to hit the dyno again before Mustang Week. Im running 13.5:1 on E85 with a .633 cam 272/280. Its a beast, it should reach roughly 500 at the wheels after i get the new pump in. The widebands showed me losing fuel at around 3000 rpm. So with a little luck it will hit the mark. Just thought I would share. I dont have permission to post attachments/pictures so all I can do at the moment is put a tiny one in the sig until I can open a photobucket account and post them there.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
im in for photos my dad and I are finishing up a 69 mach 1 right now. We painted it torch red w/ black interior. It has a 408 stroker w/ a built fmx trans. We are currently trying to pick out a set of wheels for it. We are thinking 15x8 magnum 500's but not 100% sure yet.

Regulars520

Established Member
I like the magnums. Ill see if I can post some pictures tomorrow. I went with some really nice original aluminum slots.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I like the Magnums on the older Fords myself. The 15 X 8's on that car for sure. I had a set on my 65 Mustang I used to have a long time ago. They were the 14 X 7's though. Now for something a tad bit different, if you can find them, would be a set of the Kelsey Hayse spinner center caps to set them off.

The Snake

Users who are viewing this thread