1969 Camaro ZL-1....$789,000???

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
I was looking through the Dupont Registry and found this...

7AC-05-78928A.jpg

1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL-1 427 COUPE. This ZL-1 is the ninth sequential COPO Code 9560 produced and one of the 13 cars sold new by Fred Gibb Chevrolet. According to COPO Connection records it was purchased new by Tom Rose of Warren, Ohio, and six months later acquired by “Mr. Chevrolet”, Dick Harrell. Harrell removed the original engine which was destroyed at Bristol Motor Speedway in Harrell’s 1970 Pro Stock Camaro. The full Ed Cuneen / COPO Connection report, in which the car is described as “Number 1 condition and one of the finest examples of the marquee in existence”, is included with the purchase. Asking $789,000.

That seems like alot for a car without the original engine....or is there something else to it???

Here's the link
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=371715

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Seems like a lot of money IF there isn't an engine.

If it was an all number's matching I could see it going for that.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
ElGato said:
:??:

And that my friend is why the Dupont Registry depresses me to no end.:eek:

X2 I can't read that, either, I find myself yelling to a magazine and people looking at me funny.

The aluminum block cars (9560's) would run 11's @122+ w/ slicks and headers.:eek: L88 FTW

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Seems like a lot of money IF there isn't an engine.

If it was an all number's matching I could see it going for that.

For a true ZL-1 I'd actually say that's about in line for a non number matching engine.

I've seen ZL-1's tipping the scales past 1,000,000.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
If I were a collector, it would be worth it. But no Aluminum 427 = Not a good colector car. I have the original test article from Hot Rod Magazine. They had a ZL1 in the 10's. After some little tweaks. Removed the sleeper six cylinder exhaust, and added slicks. It came with a great pic of it launching, with Zora Arkus Duntov standing at the start line.

Users who are viewing this thread