1967 Mustang, want input on engine options???

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm gonna be pulling my lil 289 out of my '67 pretty soon here, and I want to go with something that'll really make her dance when I say giddy up. Something more to the tune of say about 400+bhp N/A? Any opinions, tips, or engine suggestions? I'm really thinking of going with some kind of stroker motor, but I'm not really sure what I wanna do engine wise. I want something that's really gonna make some power, but at the same time be able to run on pump gas. Any and all input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

PROGTCS

I Have A 357 Cleveland That Was In My 68 Mustang Runs On Pump Gas If Interested Let Me Know It Flat Out Hauls Ass I Also Have The Trans That Was Behind It W/converter.

ravage

The Prick's on the Inside
Established Member
More parts and options for a Windsor. Go 383 or something.

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
PROGTCS said:
I Have A 357 Cleveland That Was In My 68 Mustang Runs On Pump Gas If Interested Let Me Know It Flat Out Hauls Ass I Also Have The Trans That Was Behind It W/converter.

your motor sounds pretty sweet...do you have any specs on it? Maybe a few pics? Also, where is it and how much would you want for it? As for the tranny, i think i'm gonna stick with a manual just for enjoyment's sake, but thanks for the offer.
Thanks,
Mike

Henrik

Established Member
Go with the 351W and stroke it to 408Cui. I´ve heard that the cylinderwalls on a 427 are a little too thin. I had a 393W in my 67 hardtop, 11.5 comp. pistons ported Edelbrock RPM heads, mech cam with 540 lift and 284 degrees, medium rise intake, 625 cfm carb, msd, 2400 stall and a 373 posi rear. I was FAST. Go with the stroker, a lot of high winding horsepower for a very good price! Just my .02!

PROGTCS

Its In Nw Chicago In My Garage. I Was Asking 3500.00 W Converter & C-4 Trans "make Offer" Get It Out Of My Garage. Too Bad Viking Lives In Denmark? You Would Take His Money In A Grudge Match W That Combo!

Users who are viewing this thread