1967 GT500 pics

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
johndoe000 said:
No idea, but if i had to guess i would say yes. Most people (including myself) would probably want their original to look like yours, nice and stock. This guy's seemed a little over the top, but you gotta give him credit he went pretty far, like; shelby signature on the dash :rockon:
I was wondering whether it might be the Shelby built repos that they're doing now - although those are more GT500E's I suppose. The wheels throw me off as well.
The gripes I have with the car are the chin spoiler, mostly. The louvers don't do it for me, and the minor tweaks jus don't do it for me - everything is exxagerated, even the 1/4 window louvers & tailpipes. Again though, it's damn nice, and even if it were painted a more simple colour I'd like it better (never been a huge fan of red).
Just a little too 'look at me'.
That white GT500 is not my car, unfortunately, but was my girlfriend's uncle's. He passed away suddenly a few years ago, and there was a dispute in the family and the car was almost sold on ebay but they couldn't get what they wanted for it. Therefore it sits, being fought over by the family, 91 miles on the clock, and a box of final trim parts in the trunk. Every few weeks my girlfriend's father goes and starts it up, pulls it out, drives it around the property, then parks it again. Just to keep it up to snuff, instead of rotting. He's a GM guy, has an old 64' vette convertible. But he knows I love mustangs, and so he invited me a few days ago to take a look while he did his thing to prevent rot. Sadly my digital is broken, so no pics. These are photos taken for eBay a few years ago when the car was put up for auction under the estate. Again, dispute, car taken off eBay, then put on eBay once more, then rescued off of eBay, etc.. etc..
I'm saving my cash. Maybe in a few decades it'll still have people fighting over it (wife wants to sell, kids want to keep, nephew maintaining it) and I'll have enough to offer on it.
Sad story. The car only has 102 miles now. She should be driven :(

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
which one?
again, this is NOT my car! (sadly)
the whole story is here, I'll repost it...
That white GT500 is not my car, unfortunately, but was my girlfriend's uncle's. He passed away suddenly a few years ago, and there was a dispute in the family and the car was almost sold on ebay but they couldn't get what they wanted for it. Therefore it sits, being fought over by the family, 91 miles on the clock, and a box of final trim parts in the trunk. Every few weeks my girlfriend's father goes and starts it up, pulls it out, drives it around the property, then parks it again. Just to keep it up to snuff, instead of rotting. He's a GM guy, has an old 64' vette convertible. But he knows I love mustangs, and so he invited me a few days ago to take a look while he did his thing to prevent rot. Sadly my digital is broken, so no pics. These are photos taken for eBay a few years ago when the car was put up for auction under the estate. Again, dispute, car taken off eBay, then put on eBay once more, then rescued off of eBay, etc.. etc..
I'm saving my cash. Maybe in a few decades it'll still have people fighting over it (wife wants to sell, kids want to keep, nephew maintaining it) and I'll have enough to offer on it.
Sad story. The car only has 102 miles now. She should be driven :(

It should probably be noted that the wife has no clue what the car is worth, the kids told her it was worth $180,000 USD and that's what the reserve on ebay was. In actuality it was 1/3rd that (although they've gone up recently) - It's a big family drama.
A realistic price would be what, $90,000 USD? I'm not certain, guys help me out on this one...
428 engine (non-matching #'s) in car, second #'s maching engine included...?

kaotikdave

Established Member
God those cars are beautiful, i seen a white GT500 w/ the blue racing stripes just like that along with a red convertible GT350 on the 202 going west out here in AZ and the exhaust note on those cars was music to my ears.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Dam thats nice.. Is it yours? Where did you get the Grill foglights? I have been looking for 67 shelby foglights for a loooooong time and never find any

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Dam thats nice.. Is it yours? Where did you get the Grill foglights? I have been looking for 67 shelby foglights for a loooooong time and never find any
no it's not mine.
I think the foglights in the grille are actually original from 67'?

hawkster

Established Member
I got pictures of a black GT 500 that sold at Barret Jackson. It was built in a shop not to far from my place. I went and got some pictures if someone wants to host them. I believe it was a 650 or 700 hp 427ci one of 2 privite engines that Carrol Shelby had left and this guy got one and built that baddest GT 500 ill ever see in my life EVER! Let me know if someone wants to host them.

hawkster

Established Member
I'll get engine pictures on soon there on a different computer badass car I know im a lucky guy cause theres no other car that will be built like this one. Last time I heard Carrol Shelby still has one brand new 427ci left that the guy that built this black one said Carrol plans to build a GT 500 with this last engine in it as long as his health holds up :rockon:

G-STANG

Established Member
The black gt-500

Was that black Shelby Gt500 Hubert Platts car, a legendary ford drag racer from the 60's. Man I saw that car and I want it so bad, oh well I can always build a clone and not having to worry about driving it hard.

Users who are viewing this thread