1965 Mustang Coupe with 302/T5

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
It is a '65 Ford Mustang coupe with the Pony Interior package.

The car was originally a six-cylinder car but has since been swapped out for a 302/T5 combo. It gets 25 MPG on the highway with her all the way up to WI and back as well to IL multiple times and has been nothing short of reliable (2.77 rear gear I believe). It has been down the track once just for curiousity against a stock '98 Cobra and the win went to the '65 going easy on it. The car wasn't built to be a race car or anything like that...Just a nice reliable daily driver with crazy low insurance premiums and a nice classic feel to it.
The car itself has the original white exterior paint and has a torquoise/white leather interior with A/C and all. I have a bunch of spare parts for both interior and exterior (new seat covers, speakers, etc). It has been used as a daily driver with no concerns. The only issues with the car are a little bit of rust around the wheel wells (driver's side rear being the worse...pictures should show all) and a dent on the hood that was straightened out but not repainted (a truck backed into it going a couple miles an hour).

Motor is a 302 HO
F-cam (512 lift I/E)
Flowtech long-tube headers
Edelbrock RPM intake
600 CFM Edelbrock carb

T5 transmission and 5th gear grinds a little bit if you're really pushing it with a Hurst shifter.

It still has the four lug drum brakes all the way around with generic Pacer wheels.

The underbody is extremely clean and solid as the pictures can show. The car has an incredible amount of potential to be a great show car or can be driven as is with no problems. I am moving on to a new project and need to sell this off for some added space.

P1010055.jpg

Ignore the little "black dots" you can see on the rear quarter panel and trunk...They are just tiny little leaves that fell onto the car that I did not brush off after I washed it.
P1010059.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010058.jpg

Excuse mess in motor compartment...Car has been sitting for past 6 months
P1010064.jpg

I'm looking to get about $6000 out of it.

Thanks for your interest,
-Tyler

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
holy rusty floors batman

and it was a 6 banger...$6k is super high for this....try $4500 as a starting point

Users who are viewing this thread