1965 Mustang Coupe 302/T5

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
P1010055.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010063.jpg

Putting my '65 out there for the world to see.

As you can see, just rust there around the wheel wells but the car is SOLID. The guy I bought it from is an automotive body work guy by profession and he's a good friend of mine and wouldn't do me wrong. He said just do some quick work on the wheel wells and the car is ready for anything. There is very minimal rust on the floor pans as you can see from the pictures and the trunk is solid as well (I have not personally seen the trunk as I do not have a key for it, but he said the last time he was in there was about a month before he sold it to me and there were no problems at all). The car itself is dirty from sitting for such a long period of time and the belts do squeak upon starting up...but after running for a bit the squeak is eliminated. Car was being used as a daily driver for quite a while, but has been sitting for the better part of 6 months.

The car was originally a six-cylinder car but has since been swapped out for a 302/T5 combo. It gets 25 MPG on the highway with her all the way up to WI and back as well to IL multiple times and has been nothing short of reliable (2.77 rear gear I believe). It has been down the track once just for curiousity against a stock '98 Cobra and the win went to the '65 going easy with it. The car wasn't built to be a race car or anything like that...Just a nice reliable daily driver with crazy low insurance premiums and a nice classic feel to it.
The car itself has the original white exterior paint and has a torquoise/white leather interior with A/C and all (A/C is not hooked up since the motor swap). I have a bunch of spare parts for both interior and exterior (new seat covers, speakers, etc). It has been used as a daily driver with no concerns. The only issues with the car are a little bit of rust around the wheel wells (driver's side rear being the worse...pictures should show all), a dent on the hood that was straightened out but not repainted (a truck backed into it going a couple miles an hour), the master cylinder for the brakes is a little leaky and makes the pedal a little soft (with it sitting for so long, there is no fluid in it now), and the yoke from the driveshaft to the rear axle broke...Easy fix just haven't messed with it.

Motor is a 302 HO
F-cam (512 lift I/E)
Flowtech long-tube headers
Edelbrock RPM intake
600 CFM Edelbrock carb

It still has the four lug drum brakes all the way around with generic Pacer wheels.

Car has stupid potentional or can be driven as is...Just replace the rear yoke and watch the brake fluid level/replace master cylinder.

$3500 as it sits at the moment. Ready for a quick sale.

-Tyler

Users who are viewing this thread