19+ "swing" vs. R Carbon Fiber spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGREY

Established Member
Watching one of the best 350 vs 350R review vids I've ever seen, they claimed that the new "swing" (as he claims Ford refers to it as a cross between a spoiler and a wing) with the gurney flap actually creates more downforce at 120 mph than the 350R wing. He claims that the new spoiler with gurney flap creates 180 lbs of downforce, compared to 120 lbs of downforce on the R wing.

Can any of the gurus confirm/deny this?

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I really think the balance of the car is incredible and all that extra downforce on the rear should be equaled in the front and I am not sure how Ford did that. It think that the grill/air opening may be smaller and that could be it, but I just dont know. I will watch this video tonight.

Rjay

Established Member
Watching one of the best 350 vs 350R review vids I've ever seen, they claimed that the new "swing" (as he claims Ford refers to it as a cross between a spoiler and a wing) with the gurney flap actually creates more downforce at 120 mph than the 350R wing. He claims that the new spoiler with gurney flap creates 180 lbs of downforce, compared to 120 lbs of downforce on the R wing.

Can any of the gurus confirm/deny this?
Swing alone = 135
Swing w/ Gurney flap = 238
GT350R = 300

GT350R Wing's Downforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread