19" CCW's on my 03 DSG 'vert.......

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
I finally found time to take a few pictures of my car. I am waiting on my H&R SS's to come in. I was also a bit leary on the ride quality but after bolting them on they are not different than my stockers.

I am running 275-30-19 Michelin Pilot Sports in front and a 295-35-19 Michelin Pilot Sport in the rear. Thanks David for hosting the pics!!

pic13.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

Jpjr

Established Member
the wheels obviously look great but 19's are an inch too big for these cars. your car looks like its way off the ground. so yes, the H&R's are a must but then aren't you going to have some serious rubbing going on? especially with 275's up front?

don't mean to sound critical, the car looks great and very unique.

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
Jpjr said:
the wheels obviously look great but 19's are an inch too big for these cars. your car looks like its way off the ground. so yes, the H&R's are a must but then aren't you going to have some serious rubbing going on? especially with 275's up front?

don't mean to sound critical, the car looks great and very unique.

I shouldn't have any issues with the front. I am more worried about the rear when the springs go on. I will also add some MM f/r isolators to help out a bit. I def. agree hat the "moon buggy" look is out!!

As far as tires, I will play around with different sets to see which works the best to where I will have zero rubbing issues.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Shouldn't have any issues with a 275 up front, not any wider. Considering these are custom wheels, they better be perfect on the offsets.

Car looks great, so do the wheels.

Jpjr

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Shouldn't have any issues with a 275 up front, not any wider. Considering these are custom wheels, they better be perfect on the offsets.

Car looks great, so do the wheels.

275/19 rim is pretty big for the stock front wheel well. by definition there is more surface area than a 265. i don't know any reason why you would purposely want to go bigger in the front unless your doing some very hard braking and not a lot of cornering.

D19

Established Member
He shouldnt have any problems. When they were on my car it was lowered 1.5 inches and the only time it ever rubbed was going up those 85* gas station driveways. The 275's in front never rubbed. The wheels were custom made for that bodystyle.

Looks awesome man. Sux for me though. my wife talked me out of selling my mustang and I had to order myself a new set. Go figure.

D

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
D19 said:
He shouldnt have any problems. When they were on my car it was lowered 1.5 inches and the only time it ever rubbed was going up those 85* gas station driveways. The 275's in front never rubbed. The wheels were custom made for that bodystyle.

Looks awesome man. Sux for me though. my wife talked me out of selling my mustang and I had to order myself a new set. Go figure.

D

WTF?? Are you serious?? Which ones are you getting now?? Maybe I can buy another set too??

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the compliments!! I like the way it looks and it turns plenty of heads the locals. I hope to have this lowered really soon!!

SVerT

Established Member
Did you get a good deal?
I am wanting wheels myself and I looked at your combo but a little pricey for me. I was wondering if the guys at CCW give deals.

Thanks and it looks awesome.

D19

Established Member
SVerT said:
Did you get a good deal?
I am wanting wheels myself and I looked at your combo but a little pricey for me. I was wondering if the guys at CCW give deals.

Thanks and it looks awesome.

Ya he got a good deal :-D

No CCW does not give deals. They sell direct to keep the price down. Keep in mind when you look at the price, you are paying for Custom made per order, mirror polished forged aluminum wheels.

Astig00.....I am getting the SP500 this time. John Called me this morning to tell me they were on the way.

Dan

mp3stang

Established Member
D19 said:
Ya he got a good deal :-D

No CCW does not give deals. They sell direct to keep the price down. Keep in mind when you look at the price, you are paying for Custom made per order, mirror polished forged aluminum wheels.

Astig00.....I am getting the SP500 this time. John Called me this morning to tell me they were on the way.

Dan

Be sure to post up pictures when you get them on. Are they 19"?

Users who are viewing this thread